NC21 Wiring Diagram (not 24)

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
nowhereelysium
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: SV650S, GS650GT, VFR400R NC24
NC21 Wiring Diagram (not 24)

Post by nowhereelysium » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:12 pm

:edit: It turns out that this is the wiring diagram for the NC21, not the 24. My mistake; looks like I'm not that great at translating the Japanese manuals yet :whistle:

I hope it's OK for me to post this; I didn't see anything in the forum rules against it, but I find it's best to get one's excuses in first.

Anyway: as I promised in my 'say hello to the forum' post, here is the translated and coloured-in NC24 wiring diagram. I'm not a native Japanese speaker, nor do I even speak it badly - I spent an inordinate amount of time poring over Katakana and Hiragana lookup charts, trying to work out what the listed colours and such were. I'm still working on the rest of the workshop manual, and I'm making some good progress, so will keep you posted accordingly.
The original image file is huge, and can be found here. Traditional dial-up caveats apply.

Anyone who owns an NC24, and spots any mistakes in the wire colours, please do tell me; I can adjust the file accordingly - that also goes for striped lines that should be spotted and such.
Last edited by nowhereelysium on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: NC24 Wiring Diagram

Post by Neosophist » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 am

Looks nice.

Not a mistake but the diagram does also list the color of the connector plugs too, useful if you don't know which plug is what when your routing the harness around the bike, such as building it from a box of bits.

For exmple, in that diagram,

Right Indicator Plug, 2P Red
Left Indicator Plug, 3P Black

If you wanted to add a bit more info.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

SpawnOS
Reactions:

Post by SpawnOS » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Are you guys shure this is a NC24 wiring digram? It shows a cam sensor making it a NC21 diagram

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by Neosophist » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:56 am

SpawnOS wrote:Are you guys shure this is a NC24 wiring digram? It shows a cam sensor making it a NC21 diagram
Good point.

It's an NC21 diagram.

The NC21 uses a DENSO ignition unit with 3 red plugs on it located next to the battery.

That wiring diagram above also lists the ECU unit as have 3 red (赤) plugs.
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

nowhereelysium
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by nowhereelysium » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:17 pm

You're kidding me. I spent all that time on the wrong bloody diagram?

Bugger.

SpawnOS
Reactions:

Post by SpawnOS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 pm

i for one are you forever gratefull! I was looking for a diagram all over and could find anything! Would it be possible to mail me a bigger version, as there is a lot of detail lost on the posted image if you try to enlare it to read the print, and the original is too damn big lol. My email addy is eugenedotsmithatbwmrdotcodotza

nowhereelysium
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by nowhereelysium » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:51 am

Um, you want one that's bigger than the displayed version, but smaller than the original version? I'm confused. You can download and save the original version by right-clicking it and choosing 'save as', which means that your browser won't be labouring to parse and open an image file that takes a while to download; there's not really any sane way of compromising between small and detailed enough to be printable.

Still, I'm glad that it's of use to someone. I'll change the thread name accordingly, so it can reach the appropriate audience.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by Neosophist » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:07 am

SpawnOS wrote:i for one are you forever gratefull! I was looking for a diagram all over and could find anything! Would it be possible to mail me a bigger version, as there is a lot of detail lost on the posted image if you try to enlare it to read the print, and the original is too damn big lol. My email addy is eugenedotsmithatbwmrdotcodotza
read the original post..

"The original image file is huge, and can be found here. Traditional dial-up caveats apply."

click the word here in the original to open the external link to the massive file

SpawnOS
Reactions:
Re: NC21 Wiring Diagram (not 24)

Post by SpawnOS » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:54 pm

im working from a cell, and that makes downloading the original file a huge problem! No traditional internet here on the farm. Nowhereelysium must have downloaded the original and worked from that and thats why i asked for a bigger copy as im sure the original is still writen in riceoglyphics...

nowhereelysium
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC21 Wiring Diagram (not 24)

Post by nowhereelysium » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:39 am

No, I got a friend in Japan to purchase the manual on my behalf, then scanned it all once he'd sent it over. The original file is a 155MB pdf. Here is a link to a 1024*765 version of the file, but I can only go to full size after that.