Foot operated gear selector lever bushing

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Sunnyday
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: UK NC30 17" Rear.
Foot operated gear selector lever bushing

Post by Sunnyday » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:02 pm

Hi guys,

I have a little play in the foot operated gear selector lever on the hanger and would like it bang on if I could, all of the ball joints are all a ok, its just the lever movement on its shaft there is wear on it is there a copper bush in there I could replace I could not see one when I looked but I have not taken it apart to investigate.

Regards,

kagari15
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400 3EN1
Re: Foot operated gear selector lever bushing

Post by kagari15 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:05 am

A bit of play is normal. However, if it flops like you can't shift smoothly or easily that would be a problem. You can start by checking free play on the joints, foot lever and finally the shift shaft.

If it is the shift shaft that wiggles around, I think you're onto the copper bush you said. Check if the bush is worn though, to be sure.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F
Re: Foot operated gear selector lever bushing

Post by cbr400rrn » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:57 am

There is a thin aluminium washer that is used as a Bush, i replaced mine and noticed no difference (nc29.) Could you look at the microfiche to see if the nc30's have anything different.