Anyone out there

A place to bang on about subjects close to your heart that affect us all as 400cc riders. general banter is rife, however rudeness and abuse seem to be the norm, If a bit wet round the ears best go play elsewhere. Auto pruning of items 31 days and older
MightyAtom
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBX550F2C CB250RSA RD250C
Anyone out there

Post by MightyAtom » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:16 am

Hi
It seems like no one is out there.
Every time I log in no one is on here.
I have a ageing nc31 , the type r version in orange. Any one else got one ?
Hopin for reply
Brian

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: Anyone out there

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:17 pm

People listen but if its a lesser known bike they won't reply, you could for 400 greybike on farcebook.

should have bought a Yamaha :peace:

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Some of us do check in regularly as in every day or two but apparently you can get info from facefook but im too old to bother with that

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CB1pod70 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:24 am

cbr400rrn wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm
Some of us do check in regularly as in every day or two but apparently you can get info from facefook but im too old to bother with that
I think that just about sums it up - most people are using Facebook but there's still a few of us about, just not as regularly as we were. I have started a new project and am going to be posting it on here

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by cbr400rrn » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:41 pm

CB1pod70 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:24 am
cbr400rrn wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm
I think that just about sums it up - most people are using Facebook but there's still a few of us about, just not as regularly as we were. I have started a new project and am going to be posting it on here
Excellent i look forward to reading it.
hopefully this year i shall be back on my feet (long story) and able to post something up that i have done on the bike regardless of cc.

davlr
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 35 23 APRILIA RS!

Post by davlr » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Facebook is great for parts and pictures but when you want a bit of knowledge and a great build thread this is the place.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:19 pm

I'm still here and probably going into my 17th year now but I don't post much anymore, I check in every couple of days to see what's new and how others are getting on with their projects.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

LiteTekBlair
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: MC22, 3TJ1

Post by LiteTekBlair » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:04 am

I post a lot on a 250 forum as I have a 250 myself and we get a lot of customers for the 4 cylinder models. I think the software they use, Xenforo, is a more dynamic version than this one and keeps interest up. Also the 'likes' and other feedback items allow members to give their reaction without having to post and is encouraging for those that do. I think this forum would be way better if the admin could switch to that product.
Carb seal kits in viton & other parts
https://litetek.co

Foxy400
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville XS400

Post by Foxy400 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:50 pm

I'm still here. Checking in about once a week. Recently discovered the pbmag forum, which is ok. I've noticed one or two others from this place are also using it. I tend to spend more time on the Triumph Forum at the moment (maybe the novelty will wear off) because it's more lively with new posts every day. My theory is that the average age of Triumph owners is above that of 400greybike owners, so fewer of them frequent the likes of Facebook. Personally I don't go near it, so I guess I fit that profile. I wouldn't want this forum to fold but my one small gripe is to do with posting pics. Regular uses will know that pic-posting has always caused problems for a portion of the membership. I've never cracked it..my Mac just doesn't seem to want to know, but as an IT incompetent it's probably down to me. Yet I have no problem with the pbmag and Triumph forums, which are much more straight-forward. This makes a big difference to entertainment value.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by cbr400rrn » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:31 pm

I've also gone back to frequenting pbmagforum, i used to post pics here and on other sites until photobucket went silly. It seems some of the other photo hosting sites you need a Facebook or twitter account to post pictures so that rules me out.
It's here, the above, pistonheads and an sp forum i use. The sp forum is going quiet also due to people using facebook, last i heard people were given all sorts of wrong information on facebook. Why have your face in a book? I've heard of your head in a book but never your face in one. Oh well :roll: