Nc30 side stand

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Post Reply
batchelor
Settled in member
Reactions:
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:37 pm
Nc30 side stand

Post by batchelor » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:59 pm

I’ve just fitted the rubber to the side stand as it was missing. I have a couple of questions

1 which way does it fit into the stand
2 which way does it bend when bike is on side stand (forwards or backwards)

richyrd5
Senior Member
Reactions:
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:31 pm
Re: Nc30 side stand

Post by richyrd5 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:32 pm

I think it points forward as it's meant to catch if left down??so would then flip up...

User avatar
NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:37 am
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms
Location: Köln
Re: Nc30 side stand

Post by NGneer » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 am

batchelor wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:59 pm
I’ve just fitted the rubber to the side stand as it was missing. I have a couple of questions

1 which way does it fit into the stand
2 which way does it bend when bike is on side stand (forwards or backwards)
Batchelor: There is an arrow on the rubber which wants to be on the outside face (when the stand is down) and the angle of the bottom of the rubber will naturally make the rubber bend BACKWARDS when you put the stand down. It is true this was due there being no side stand cut out Switch on the NC30 and the rubber foot was there (in theory) to flick the side stand up if you left it down, before it dug into the deck and spat you off. :shock:

Image
Image
Image

:rocks:

batchelor
Settled in member
Reactions:
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:37 pm
Re: Nc30 side stand

Post by batchelor » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:43 pm

NGneer wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 am
batchelor wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:59 pm
I’ve just fitted the rubber to the side stand as it was missing. I have a couple of questions

1 which way does it fit into the stand
2 which way does it bend when bike is on side stand (forwards or backwards)
Batchelor: There is an arrow on the rubber which wants to be on the outside face (when the stand is down) and the angle of the bottom of the rubber will naturally make the rubber bend BACKWARDS when you put the stand down. It is true this was due there being no side stand cut out Switch on the NC30 and the rubber foot was there (in theory) to flick the side stand up if you left it down, before it dug into the deck and spat you off. :shock:

Image
Image
Image

:rocks:

Cheers for the information and pics. That’s a very clean bike.

User avatar
NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:37 am
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms
Location: Köln
Re: Nc30 side stand

Post by NGneer » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:34 am

batchelor wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:43 pm
Cheers for the information and pics. That’s a very clean bike.
No problem, and thanks.
It ended up as my Honda Britain but was just the only one I had with a clear picture of the side stand rubber fitted :grin:

Image

Build thread here if you are bored ;) , viewtopic.php?f=62&t=54015

:peace:

batchelor
Settled in member
Reactions:
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:37 pm
Re: Nc30 side stand

Post by batchelor » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:37 pm

NGneer wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:34 am
batchelor wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:43 pm
Cheers for the information and pics. That’s a very clean bike.
No problem, and thanks.
It ended up as my Honda Britain but was just the only one I had with a clear picture of the side stand rubber fitted :grin:

Image

Build thread here if you are bored ;) , viewtopic.php?f=62&t=54015

:peace:
That killed some time on a night shift. Nice speedo!


Post Reply