NC30 Later Forks

Please keep this section limited to parts and clothing and accessories for sale.
Posts will be removed without warning if posted in the incorrect section.
Auto pruned every 60 days

Moderator: CRM

Forum rules
Please include a price and contact details of the item for sale
Posts will simply be removed by mods without.
Please don't start multiple threads for each item, please combine items into one post.
Bumped posts will be removed without any warning.
This is not an auction site - posts with links to your ebay items without prices will simply be removed.
maubenga
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC30 Later Forks

Post by maubenga » Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 pm

NC30
Later Forks

Fully restored to a high standard

Built from a straight set of forks, painted in a close to OE colour similar to early Fireblade fork lowers. Shot blasted using a jig to prevent the grit from entering and then powder coated. I polished the bare aluminium and replaced the drain plugs with new titanium bolts and copper sealing washers.
Fitted new after-market fork tubes, bushes, seals and new alternative top caps made specifically for the NC30. I can exchange the caps for the originals, which have been serviced with new seals.
ImageImage
Supplied with a set of new after-market fender mounts and genuine snap rings, fitted with stainless steel sleeves and washers.
Included are a pair of used 0.8kg/mm constant wound springs (2000 miles) supplied with custom made spacers to match and also the original steel ones. I will be using Castrol synthetic oil to finish this build.
I am willing to fit whatever springs and oil requested for an additional fee. I have put together the following NC30 spring chart, please only use it as a guide and confirm with other sources before choosing.
I have on order RaceTech’s rebound and compression revalve kits which I can install for an additional fee, but I had intended to use them on another project.
I have overspent and it has also consumed so much of my time, so I won’t let them go for a penny under £600.
Email: neil@maubenga.com
Last edited by maubenga on Fri May 24, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Konsume
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC30 Later Forks

Post by Konsume » Sat May 18, 2019 10:40 am

:o :drool:

These look awesome - :plus:

maubenga
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by maubenga » Sat May 18, 2019 4:42 pm

Cheers :peace:

sa.racing
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 Race

Post by sa.racing » Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 pm

Where abouts in Surrey are you?

Sorry not interested in the forks just curious as I don't often see people on here from my knack of the woods.

maubenga
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by maubenga » Tue May 21, 2019 8:41 pm

The Woking area
Where are you located?

sa.racing
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by sa.racing » Tue May 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Molesey, litteraly a stone's throw away from Hampton Court Palace, my brother lived in Woking for many years.

Small world :grin:

maubenga
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by maubenga » Wed May 22, 2019 9:41 am

I know Molesey, I'm a Kingstonian brought up in Chessington. I often frequent The Swan in Walton :drool:
I started restoring my NC30 3 years ago and i'm now getting obsessed.
Can you post a photo of your bike?

sa.racing
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by sa.racing » Wed May 22, 2019 10:44 am

Ahhh the Swan, that was my local for many years (used to do the pub quiz religiously on a Wednesday night) and for nostalgia I even had my stag do in there last year :drool:

Don't actually think I've got any pictures of my bike, it spends its life in bits being restored, only to sit for years waiting to be restored again! hasn't turned a wheel since 2010 :( every year I say I'll get out on it but I never do

maubenga
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by maubenga » Wed May 22, 2019 12:10 pm

We cycle once a week from St John's along the Basingstoke Canal onto the Wey river at Byfleet and then pass by The Minnow :drool: onto the Thames and finally stopping at The Swan :drool:
Leave a light on good lady, for though we may return with a twinkle in our eyes, we will be in truth blind - drunk! :Puke:

You should restore it, you get a lot of pleasure when you see the results. I have far too many projects, so I picked one part of the bike at a time and concentrated on that alone.

maubenga
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by maubenga » Wed May 22, 2019 12:23 pm

Return to “Parts / Items For Sale”