Bodywork NC29

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
MickyNC29
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Bodywork NC29

Post by MickyNC29 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:40 am

Hello, Im new!

I own a 1992 NC29 which is in pretty good nick but is an ongoing project. All very standard with the original fairings, which have had a fix at some point and are becoming a little loose with some tags and now the V piece is missing... came off on a dual carriageway and smashed to pieces

I don't really want to replace the fairings, has anybody got any advice?

Thank you

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F
Re: Bodywork NC29

Post by cbr400rrn » Wed May 15, 2019 11:38 pm

Can you get a second hand v piece purchased off an auction site as I think the fairings need this piece for strength, careful if using it without as the rest of the fairings could blow open breaking the work you have already put into them

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: Bodywork NC29

Post by Foxy400 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:27 pm

You can put a post in the 'Wanted' section and you may be lucky or trawl the auction sites, not forgetting Gumtree. DK motorcycle parts in Staffordshire have a warehouse full of used stuff, including various NC29 panels, which mostly seem to be tail/seat sections (far more right than left ones for some reason) and the occasional damaged headlight cowling. I've picked up parts from them that weren't on their website so it might be worth making an enquiry.