CB 400 Air box

A place to bang on about subjects close to your heart that affect us all as 400cc riders. general banter is rife, however rudeness and abuse seem to be the norm, If a bit wet round the ears best go play elsewhere. Auto pruning of items 31 days and older
HyperVtec
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400 NC31 1999 Hyper Vtec
CB 400 Air box

Post by HyperVtec » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:43 am

Hi there guys over the years i have managed to keep the airbox in relativly good condition seeing as I am not able to open it or remove the air filter due to the Air box being brocken however I have pushed it far along and it badly needs replacing now, Buying a new airbox is not an option as they are not avalable.

I would like to switch to a high flow air filter or cone filters against my better judgment as this is my only options.

I understand that I will need to increase the jet sizes and or air fuel mixture screws along with the air cone filter due to there being a larger air intake volume however I am not exatly sure what parts I will need ( Injectors?)

Please help As it is now getting hectic.And very important that i replace this the bike is not getting enough air flow and its messing around with everything
:rocks:

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: CB 400 Air box

Post by Variablevalves suck » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:44 pm

What model and where are you based.

Return to “General Discussion”