Intercom systems - any experiences?

A place to bang on about subjects close to your heart that affect us all as 400cc riders. general banter is rife, however rudeness and abuse seem to be the norm, If a bit wet round the ears best go play elsewhere. Auto pruning of items 31 days and older
VicNew
Settled in member
Reactions:
Intercom systems - any experiences?

Post by VicNew » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi everyone
Thinking of buying an intercom system for when i have one of the kids as pillion
Dont mind spending a few quid more to get something that has decent sound quality and isnt the size of a brick inside your helmet
Has anyone any experience / reviews please?

Thanks
Vic

blade1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Intercom systems - any experiences?

Post by blade1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:41 pm

I've had the Sena SMH10 for quite a few years and it works fantastically. Not actually used with a pillion but rider to rider. Also really good to connect to the phone, listen to music, connect to sat nav etc.

Will obviously depend on the helmet as well but the volume is more than loud enough (i always wear ear plugs) and sound / mic quality is good. Ive taken a call on the bike with people not actually realising that I was riding. Battery lasts for an age as well.

Andy666
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Intercom systems - any experiences?

Post by Andy666 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Another vote for Sena. A mate and I bought the SMH5 dual kit to use bike to bike. Volume and clarity are good, even over the noise of a loud R6 and using ear plugs. Fitment into my Shoei NXR was fairly straight forward, and came with a choice of boom or wired mic.

Bought it from SportsBikeShop;
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... prod/92822

Return to “General Discussion”