Full paint job - Recommendations sought

A place to bang on about subjects close to your heart that affect us all as 400cc riders. general banter is rife, however rudeness and abuse seem to be the norm, If a bit wet round the ears best go play elsewhere. Auto pruning of items 31 days and older
NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x2 1991 NC30, x1 Matchless G80
Full paint job - Recommendations sought

Post by NGneer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:35 am

Recommendations sought:

So whilst I am still a way off from needing to put some clothes on my current project I am starting to think about where to get the paintwork done.
Unfortunately the company who did my Rothmans are no longer in business or I would have gone back to them in a heartbeat :(
Nothing wrong with their business, believe it or not the guys wife was making way more money selling sex toys on line so he stopped spraying to go and work for her. Something wrong in this world :?

I do have a scheme in mind and it is going to be another 'full' job with some bespoke graphics/decals required. I may be out of touch but last time I approached 'Dream Machine' their attitude sucked big time, hence me going with the now defunked 2D-Extreem and I am very reluctant to go back to Dream Machine. As such I am looking for suggestions from the wider collective.

Suggestions....?
:rocks:

laminator
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2tk,NC30, YB7
Re: Full paint job - Recommendations sought

Post by laminator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:14 am

I recently sent emails off to several companies asking for information about cost, etc for spraying a few of my bikes. I either sent emails or used the companies website enquiry form. Several weeks later I have not received a reply from any of them ???

I'll keep an eye on this thread or if anyone replies to me I'll post in here.

I guess my next option is to ring them, where they'll probably say 'Can you email a picture?'

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Don't know where you are based but there was a guy opposite Kevin at Projex in cradley heath think it was motopaint or similar, did nice paint and seemed an ok guy when I spoke to him at Kev'so open day.

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NGneer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:49 am

Variablevalves suck wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:07 pm
Don't know where you are based but there was a guy opposite Kevin at Projex in cradley heath think it was motopaint or similar, did nice paint and seemed an ok guy when I spoke to him at Kev'so open day.
I am currently based near Köln in Germany :grin: ;)

Having said that I accepted long ago that when it comes to getting the paintwork done I would have to get it sorted in the UK, so exactly 'where' in the UK becomes (more or less) irrelevant. I am sure there are companies in Germany that could do Just as good a job, it is just I am not sure about my ability to fully convey my requirements....and failure to do so could be an expensive misunderstanding. :?

Foxy400
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 CBR900FireBlade XS400

Post by Foxy400 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:38 pm

As you will know many Germans speak excellent English (much better than some English people I come across!). I'm sure that if you go armed with suitable photographs they will understand exactly what you're after. You could always take a fluent English-speaking friend or colleague with you to help with translation if needed.

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NGneer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:22 am

Foxy400 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:38 pm
As you will know many Germans speak excellent English (much better than some English people I come across!). I'm sure that if you go armed with suitable photographs they will understand exactly what you're after. You could always take a fluent English-speaking friend or colleague with you to help with translation if needed.
This is very true - especially the bit about some Germans speaking better English. My Mrs is actually German, so I potentially have that side of things covered, it just means I would have to explain to her what I am doing, and she may also find out what a full paint job actually costs (as oppose to what I have guestimated :whistle: ) ;)

I have just had a bit of a curve ball hit me with regard to the current project :( so I may have more time to think about things and also check out the German options more.

Foxy400
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 CBR900FireBlade XS400

Post by Foxy400 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:39 am

Funny how many women, especially wives, can't grasp the 'money is no object' approach to owning a bike. They've got their priorities all wrong :lol:

rcv4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2xnc30 nc35 rd200 xt500 dt250

Post by rcv4 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:02 pm

Try rapier paintwork in Hull,he is one of the best imo.

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NGneer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:50 pm

rcv4 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:02 pm
Try rapier paintwork in Hull,he is one of the best imo.

Chad, thanks for the heads up....looks promising.
I reckon they must be almost next door to you ;)

rcv4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2xnc30 nc35 rd200 xt500 dt250

Post by rcv4 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Yes Ian hes at the end of our block,not cheap but you pay for what you get.

Return to “General Discussion”