NC21 reg/rec

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
demerdzhiev
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC21
NC21 reg/rec

Post by demerdzhiev » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:56 am

Hi, i noticed that after i ride my bike the battery is not being charged but rather discharged, so i checked the voltage across the battery terminals and it turned out to be around 17-18V, and my guess is that the reg/rec is faulty but when i checked for newer one or second hand, most of the reg/rec's had only 5 pins, while the nc21 uses 2 connectors (one with 3 pins and one with 4). The yellow wires are clear, but how do i manage the 2 green and 2 red/white (not sure of the color) if I buy a 5 pin reg/rec? Couldn't find a solution in the search bar. Help because next week the season opens up in my town :grin: and i dont want my bike to stop because of the battery :grin:

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: NC21 reg/rec

Post by magg » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:58 pm

If charge voltage has been 17-18 volts then the battery may be suspect also. Your multimeter should show a short between the two green wires from the rect/reg and another short between the two red/white wires from the rect/reg. Two green wires can be connected together and two red/white can also be connected together, to make one green and one red/white wire pair.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:26 am

As above... the battery might already have been killed charging it at that that high voltage.

5 pin regulator is fine to use... the 3 yellows go in any order and just join the two reds together to make 1 red and the two greens to make 1 green.

make sure you solder the connections with good spade connectors.. if you just crimp them they will corrode and burn.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

demerdzhiev
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC21

Post by demerdzhiev » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:28 am

Thank you for the reply!