What did you do to your bike today

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: What did you do to your bike today

Post by Davez29 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:32 pm

dunkenb wrote:I got oem ones from David Silver Spares in January for £20 each :o
Yep, very lucky then, you must have got the last left, although the rightside is still available I tried on there and Lings, even looked on CSMNL and no lefts, which I need.. I do have an old left mirror or two, sadly they have cracks in the arms and would just annoy me. I was thinking of drilling a hole in a strategic place and put the nut back on and then get a plastic bung in place. Another was just using Gorilla glue as apart from it coming apart its perfect, not a scratch. Anyone got a new OEM left one for sale?

gravis
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by gravis » Tue May 03, 2016 3:15 pm

Davez29 wrote:Hey gravis, if you get a chance bung a picture or two of those mirrors attached to your bike. Also how easy are they up-end, something I would need to do so i can get the bike through a doorway. Sadly my original unmarked left decided to drop apart the other week, due to this constant up-ending and I cant get a new OEM, which I would prefer.
Sure ill get some pics for you no worries. They seem well made and have 2 points of adjustment which should work well for up ending. I did have to drill the mounting holes in the screen braces out slightly and also snap off the metal lugs on the screen brace side as these mirrors have the lugs attached to them, even so i had them fitted in half an hour and im finally able to get the right adjustment to be able to see behind me :grin:

gravis
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by gravis » Sat May 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Pics as promised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:56 am

Hey gravis they dont look too bad but I dont really like the idea of snapping lugs off the screen brace. thanks anyho.

dave

fastrob691
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by fastrob691 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Fork oil and springs on my NC 29, Cbr F3 shock swap, and new Conti Attack 3 tires. Plus cleaned her again.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 am

Well the bike is back in the vac bag now, so should come back out in spring in the same condition it went in, also put down carpet tiles underneath the whole bike

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 am

Bike still sitting on the Abba waiting for me to fit the front end. Rebuilt forks (Hammer&Tongs Warrington. £120) on the bench. Even borrowed a torque wrench. So no excuse not to get it done.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:29 am

Foxy400 wrote:Bike still sitting on the Abba waiting for me to fit the front end. Rebuilt forks (Hammer&Tongs Warrington. £120) on the bench. Even borrowed a torque wrench. So no excuse not to get it done.
Never heard of them, rebuilt as in new oil and springs?

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:02 am

Forks rebuilt as in stripped, cleaned, new seals & oil. I think he (Tim) said something about bushes but I'm not sure.
Hammer&Tongs have got a good rep, especially when it comes to suspension. They've dyno'ed my NC35 at 57bhp and offered to set up the suspension (with me on it), an offer I'll take them up on in the spring. Check out their website.

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Davez29 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:43 pm

What did you do to your bike today?

Well i dropped the b*gger in the garden. I could not believe it. I have only scratched it on a once mint side lower panel and mint left cover as well a small scratch on the left edge of the nose, but very annoying. I basically trapped my left foot tween a rock and the bike, while my right foot trapped the heel of my left foot and hey ho over we go... it could have been worse i suppose as the rock was sandstone and it crushed while rocks next to them were pointy concrete. Thats the second time i dropped it in the garden, last time i bent over to pick something up and actually pushed my bike over with my arse. Luckily in 10 years thats the only time its been over. I will keep out of the garden.