Can you get custom downpipes for exup exhaust

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Clanky
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR 400 3EN1, FZR 600 3HE
Re: Can you get custom downpipes for exup exhaust

Post by Clanky » Wed May 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Just a quick update. I spoke to Predator and they're able to do this. They can do it without the bike which is good for me because of the travelling distance involved.

It will cost about £450 for new downpipes to be added to my old exup box. A replacement stainless set from other companies is around £250 with no exup (which to me is a deal breaker). Predator have a 10 year guarantee and others just 2. I intend to hold on to my 400 for a long while yet so it so I will give Predator a go and when its finished I'll let you know what I think.

I will have to wait a couple of months now because I just crashed my bike (nothing too bad) and getting it roadworthy again is the priority. I hope to have the exhaust done by August.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: Can you get custom downpipes for exup exhaust

Post by Evilchicken0 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:02 pm

Cool - I know it's expensive compared to the other stainless downpipes but fingers crossed it should be a long term investment.