Practical Sportsbikes Trackday Cadwell Park 2014

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
bladeblaster
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Practical Sportsbikes Trackday Cadwell Park 2014

Post by bladeblaster » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:13 am

jasond wrote:this has peaked my interest - the breadknife said she might even tag along (which is good for me, as I don't feel so guilty then), but I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about taking my bike on a track.....would I need to do anything special to it beforehand? that sort of thing. Anyway, I'll keep my eye on the post....

As long as your bike is in good order anyway then, other that drop the tyre pressure a bit when you get there, no. Take a pump to re-inflate the tyres to road pressure before you ride home though.

ADG
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ADG » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:56 am

How much does it cost, and are there any rules such as pre 1990 bikes only, one piece leathers, quiet exhausts, lockwiring etc

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:46 am

I can't remember how much it was last year but have a feeling it was around £170 ish although I could be wrong. Worth every penny if you ask me as it was not just a great time on track but a really good laugh in the evening round the barbeque.

Bike wise it was pre '99 bikes on the Saturday and they were allowing NC30's and RVF's out on track on the Sunday. The plan this year is to do both days.

Dgeoff33
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 - ZX636

Post by Dgeoff33 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm fetching my camp fire this year so we'll all be nice and warm ( and smelling of smoke).

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Is Charlotte going to be in charge of cooking again? Her egg baps definitely hit the spot.

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: is half tidy

Post by BB_158 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:02 pm

It was £130 for the Saturday including camping & was meant to be pre-95 bikes on the Sat, but a couple of exceptions were made to '99.

A good group of members will be in attendance. Mix of track & road bikes, some trailered some rode to the event. I was a 1st timer, used my road bike just removed mirrors & number plate. Should be plenty of tools available so don't worry unduly - i'll be there for one!
Dgeoff33 wrote:I'm fetching my camp fire this year so we'll all be nice and warm ( and smelling of smoke).
Good man, were you a boy scout per chance? Maybe we should get some gerbils in as well :lol:

Really looking forward to it.
My other ride is another 400, Woohoo!... Doh

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:29 pm

Did someone mention Gerbils?????

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125

Post by VFRkieran » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 am

Bloody hell not the Gerbils again :P

To anyone who's a first timer I have a word of warning you may enjoy it so much you decide to take up racing like i have, was my first TD last year and i rode all the way up to Cadwell from Oxford way with all my clothes/tent/tools/food etc and it was doable but im very glad i camped at the track for a night either side as i was exhausted, but it was brilliant and made me want to have a crack at racing.

2 piece leathers are ok if they zip together all the way round your waist, no lockwire needed, and i think the noise limit was 105db so it would have to be a bloody loud can to fail that. only thing id do to the bike is make sure its not due a service, maybe change the oil, remove the mirrors and tape up your brake light.

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Also I really enjoyed the impromptu track walk on the friday night in the dark amongst the rabbits. We'll have to do that again lol

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125

Post by VFRkieran » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 am

Zippy wrote:Also I really enjoyed the impromptu track walk on the friday night in the dark amongst the rabbits. We'll have to do that again lol
Yea that was a laugh i was really tired after though lol, them hills are bloody steep when your walking them!