NC30 trip to Trodena Italy & Austria, 11-21 Sept 2013

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: NC30 trip to Trodena Italy & Austria, 11-21 Sept 2013

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:57 pm

That was a good read mate - awesome skills and top marks for surviving the various calamaties!

the concrete barriers would have been fucking harsh!

Nurburgring was it? When? 400GB pile up perhaps??
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: is half tidy

Post by BB_158 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:59 pm

@rockTJ - nice vid, pretty similar to mine ;) , I have so many I haven't gone thru them yet. Yes, I would thoroughly recommend the Dolomites, being further south the sun is shining more. And get the Motorrad maps which have many good routes highlighted on them.

@mark - yes Nurbergring is sort of local for some of the RC30 club members. I don't think they have set a date yet, but I was told it would be in the summer June or July. It will be their club 10 year anniversary event. I am in touch with one chap so will keep you posted.
My other ride is another 400, Woohoo!... Doh

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Now that is tempting.

PoisonIvy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30

Post by PoisonIvy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:02 am

Great write up!

Are there any details on the nurburgring meetup. I'm going through the alps in July and would be great if this coincided with my trip?

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by BB_158 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Not yet, but I have made another enquiry earlier today so hope to hear back shortly.

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms

Post by NGneer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:00 am

Mike, what a great read and awsome trip.

I am gutted that I havn't checked out the "Rideouts, trackdays and events" section for so long, as you were actually down in my neck of the woods and it would have been great to catch up with you on your way.

That road around Plansee is good fun isn't it ;)

BB_158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by BB_158 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback, yes the trip was certainly awesome alright! Plansee section was great and had a unique calmness to it. It was mid Sept tho, it would be very busy in summer months I imagine. It was my last section before blatting home up the autobahns.

I did have some brief thoughts about giving u a shout, as you say I was to be quite near to Munchen. With hindsight, I wish I had. But the whole trip was very quickly put together and to reduce my stress levels enroute I ended up prebooking most of my accomodation in advance, which set my route. I could only do so much and for a solo trip on a 22yr old middle weight with no sat nav I think I done good. It teaches self-reliance skills ~ even at my age! I met some great people along the way & had a blast. I can't wait to do something similar again but hopefully share the experience with some others next time. Would really like to explore Italy more though as the weather is so much sunnier.

The RC30 Club DE have invited me over to the Nurburgring for a long weekend, they have a favourite motorrad hotel they stay at. Don't know when it is yet, but will post when I do. Is that too far a trip for you?

I c u made the calendar this year, I really like the rothmans fairings (would go with my leathers), fitting that you have backdrop of snow & mountains for December. Mr November? didn't think my bike was worthy, it certainly has some battle scars after my trip now thats for sure. Fairing is still trussed up with tank tape, that reminds me, I really must get it sorted out...
Cheers
Mike