first trackday with my new toy : long, pictures and nc30 :)

Nothing more to say really, if it's been organised it'll be here.
tom4
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
first trackday with my new toy : long, pictures and nc30 :)

Post by tom4 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:51 am

Hello
This sunday, after june 15th flooding, I had a dry trackday planned. It was on the flyer, "dry trackday with sun". Well, it could have been, because it was dry, and very sunny.
So sunday, 10:05 am, I enter the paddock. Apart from the side car and karting running in the morning, almost nobody. On the other hand, the track session is from noon to 2pm, so I'm not late. I unload the bike, check the screw, the oil, brake, fuel, ok, I'm ready.
11am, some people are getting ready for the public session that starts at 2pm !!! (the track is for club use from noon to 2pm, than, it's open to everyone for free from 2 till 7pm). I'm so happy to have a club session :)
Just the time to help somebody else to unload his bike, fill some paper, get a "lap timer" (small device you fit on the bike, and at the end of the trackday, you get an excell file with laptimes)
11:45, I get dressed et start the bike
Ok, i'll do it again for you.
On the paddock, almost everywhere, bikes are getting warmed up, than, I get on my bike, and push the starter.
broaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppp
silence ! suddenly, you can't hear any of the other bike, I can feel people looking at the V4. I have to admit the Tygo is quite loud :)

just before to head to the track, I meet a friend who came to take some pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.fr/guenole/Caro ... uvUw9b14AE#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the fence is open, and there I go to discover my new toy.
the first gear is talllllllllllllll, very impressive, and the other gear are so closed from each other, never had that before.
already, the bike feels light, easy, so different from the 400 fzr.
It's very easy to ride, goes wherever I want, does not move in corner. The brake (from a SP2) are quite powerfull, let's even say verrry powerfull for this light bike, I love it. The gearbox is a pleasure to play with, after all these year on yamahas. For the first time, I can just slide one half toe under the "spigot" (is that the word?), lift it, and change gear. It really help in the long right curve where I shift twice during the corner. No more need to enter the corner with the foot already under the "spigot" (still using a word I don't know).
The engine is quite fun, 1st gear is tall, than, there is a 1500/2000 rpm drop between each gear, and the sound, I love it. It's completely stupid, but I feel like I'm on a mini RCV.

the motor beeing very different from the FZR, I can open the throttle earlier while still leaning the bike, so I'm much more confident in the corner where I was kinda scared before.
By the end the the session, I was playing with some bigger bike during braking, it's always fun to get alongside with them, watch them braking, and wait another 25 meters before to grab the lever. Of course, they would pass me on the next straight, but on the braking, I'm the king :)

about 15 minutes before the end, the engine starting to "struggle" around 12/13000 rpm, but I think I was starting to run out of fuel, to confirm in 3 weeks

so, I really don't regret I sold the 600 fazer, I had been dreaming of a 400nc30 for years, I have one now !!!

tom4, happy

ps: be kind, maybe some spelling mistake here, please keep in mind i'm a froggy :)
my motorcycle and freeride channel, if I were you, I'd subscribe :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/tom4

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: first trackday with my new toy : long, pictures and nc30 :)

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:04 am

Great post Tom :up:

Welcome to the way and the light that is the V4 :worthy:

AM at work and so cannot see the pics..but I'll check them out.

I think we need a greybike invasion of your local track for next summer's trackday. Sounds awesome.

Spigot is a great word and spot on
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

matty_boy
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fitness bike

Post by matty_boy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:54 am

Well done mate I glad that the old girl did well for you. I didn't have any worries that she would not be a dream for you to ride.

I am so so so so gutted that I had to get rid of something that I have spent so much time with and had so many good times on, but the bike has gone to a very good home.

Just look after it and let me know how you get on in the future.

The pics look good as well.

Almost had a tear in the eye seeing back on the track.

Good luck.

Matty.

The Hamster
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by The Hamster » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:26 pm

LOL @ Picture #83!
Ducati 1098, maybe even an 1198, one of the bestest machines to come out of Italy... looking like he is really trying to give it some round the corner, and then the bloke on the YZF-R1 behind him just seemingly pottering along and showing him up... ha ha ha Love it.

I bet you could of got the bike leant over a lot more if you wanted to, and tbh, im quite dissapointed.... not a single photo with your front wheel up. LOL

Looks good, what track was it? you say its open to the public for free? Hmmmm...

tom4
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by tom4 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:16 pm

The Hamster wrote:LOL @ Picture #83!
Ducati 1098, maybe even an 1198, one of the bestest machines to come out of Italy... looking like he is really trying to give it some round the corner, and then the bloke on the YZF-R1 behind him just seemingly pottering along and showing him up... ha ha ha Love it.

I bet you could of got the bike leant over a lot more if you wanted to, and tbh, im quite dissapointed.... not a single photo with your front wheel up. LOL

Looks good, what track was it? you say its open to the public for free? Hmmmm...
hello

it's Carole racetrack, north of paris, free access on friday, saturday and sunday afternoon where there are no races

tom4
my motorcycle and freeride channel, if I were you, I'd subscribe :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/tom4

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race

Post by Spike16 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 am

tbh thats probably an insturctor behind him just watching his lines and giving advice (usually guys in bibs on trackdays are instructors) o and its an r6, not r1

sounds like you had a mint day tom, vfr's are great bikes.

1 tip swap to race shift, I did it took about a day of riding to get used 2 and its amazing compaired, coming out of corners you dont need to climb back on and get ur foot under the 'spigot', just kick down no clutch, much easier and quicker. trust me try it

and no wonder it sounds like a rcv, ur got a bloody maggot on lol :up: suprised u got through the sound test lol

so got ur next booked yet? :grin: