xivlia's thread of nc30 problems and questions

Where posts and threads can be moved to future safe keeping.
iDemonix
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '92 NC30
Re: xivlia's thread of nc30 problems and questions

Post by iDemonix » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 pm

£150 + half pack of hobknobs. Seriously.
A roaring V4 is the summer soundtrack.

vfrman
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, 1098s

Post by vfrman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Thunderace, there is a stipulation....if you buy this bike you MUST do a fully documented repair thread!

bikemonkey
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 92 NC30, 90 VFR750

Post by bikemonkey » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:01 pm

vfrman wrote:Thunderace, there is a stipulation....if you buy this bike you MUST do a fully documented repair thread!
:plus:

speedy231278
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400, TZR125, ZXR750R

Post by speedy231278 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Maybe we could all chip in with a few quid to buy the bike, and have a get-together one weekend and try and sort it? I'd be up for a bit of that if it ended up close enough.... :-)

xivlia
Reactions:
Bike owned: Ducati 749 D

Post by xivlia » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:22 pm

a group buy on a bike eh? thats a first :lol:

Sam-NI
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '89 VFR400

Post by Sam-NI » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Ersan, this thread is infuriating. I bought a cheap nc30, knowing that I would have to do a bit of work on it.

When I got it home, the more I looked at it, the more was wrong with it. I'm still saving money, and buying parts, but I'm doing it with the direction of these guys, who have been unbelievably helpful and generous. They have given clear concise intrusion, which I have followed to the best of my ability, and now have a perfectly usable bike, of a little rough round the edges.

Some of the problems may be from before, but that doesn't matter. Also a bike doesn't just suddenly break, or stop. Something has changed or worn out.

You need to step back and think about what you want. A bike that looks good, or a bike that works. At the moment you have neither. Investing time to learn will have more benefit that fancy fairings or spray jobs.

To be blunt, I find it marginally offensive that after all the efforts these guys have given to guide and instruct you on how to get this bike running well, you cannot even put the effort in to do what they say. They are gaining nothing from helping you. You will gain a nice bike if you do what they tell you. No matter system you think, you do not know more than the combined minds on the board. Use this knowledge, or please.stop moaning.

xivlia
Reactions:

Post by xivlia » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Sam-NI wrote:Ersan, this thread is infuriating. I bought a cheap nc30, knowing that I would have to do a bit of work on it.

When I got it home, the more I looked at it, the more was wrong with it. I'm still saving money, and buying parts, but I'm doing it with the direction of these guys, who have been unbelievably helpful and generous. They have given clear concise intrusion, which I have followed to the best of my ability, and now have a perfectly usable bike, of a little rough round the edges.

Some of the problems may be from before, but that doesn't matter. Also a bike doesn't just suddenly break, or stop. Something has changed or worn out.

You need to step back and think about what you want. A bike that looks good, or a bike that works. At the moment you have neither. Investing time to learn will have more benefit that fancy fairings or spray jobs.

To be blunt, I find it marginally offensive that after all the efforts these guys have given to guide and instruct you on how to get this bike running well, you cannot even put the effort in to do what they say. They are gaining nothing from helping you. You will gain a nice bike if you do what they tell you. No matter system you think, you do not know more than the combined minds on the board. Use this knowledge, or please.stop moaning.
lol, like how do you know im not following what theses guys are telling me? i am listening to them. have you actually read all of 1065 replies on this thread? i have done pretty much everything they have told me to, ive upgraded the bike with a nice earthing kit, ive follow the DIY carb jetting guide, ive used my Hanyes manual... i admit i do ask a lot of things, and just to clear some points, why would i ask so many questions if im not even gonna follow what they say to me?

the carb leaking happend when i came back from my holiday, i did nothing wrong to it. it was sitting there for 2 months.

my bike is just a worn out piece of shit, the person i bought it from was also a piece of shit. i shouldnt have bought it from that dick head, who ONLY said, i quote "the rear brake is sticky, thats the only problem" my arse its the only problem.

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:06 pm

^^^
Have you thought about asking if anyone on here would be up for swapping it for another bike? Perhaps something mechanically 'simpler' like a CB500 twin might suit you better at the moment.
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

iDemonix
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '92 NC30

Post by iDemonix » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:08 pm

I would seriously love this bike. I'm rebuilding mine and could do with all sorts of spares from it, then turn yours in to a track slag :D
A roaring V4 is the summer soundtrack.

xivlia
Reactions:

Post by xivlia » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 pm

jim157 wrote:^^^
Have you thought about asking if anyone on here would be up for swapping it for another bike? Perhaps something mechanically 'simpler' like a CB500 twin might suit you better at the moment.
Jim the thing is, i bought this bike because i wanted raw power. v4 power, going into a twin engine, is not what i want. plus i hate the noise the twins make.

if i was older. like 25+ i wouldnt have even considered buying an nc30, only reason i bought this is because the insurance on anything above 400cc was about 2 and a half grand a year... so i bought an older bike, hence the nc30, i knew it was demanding, i just didnt know id be ending up getting the shitest one in the world. just my luck i suppose...