Why I could not sell my 400 FZR-R (4DX)

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
tom4
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Why I could not sell my 400 FZR-R (4DX)

Post by tom4 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Hello

In my mind, it was a very simple plan.
1) sell the 1100 gsxr
2) sell the 400 fzr
3) with the money, buy a R6 as a track bike.

the point 1 went very good, it took me less than 2 weeks to sell the 11R .
trouble went with point 2. the bike was fitted with trackday fairing, so all the pictures i had were taken on track, and as in france, almost "nobody" (but me:)) wants to ride a 400 as a trackbike, I did not have any calls in 2 months !!
the bike was just like this:

THen, someone told me, "hey, maybe your crapy track fairing are scaring the buyers, you should put it back in street fairing and relist it".
ok, not a bad idea
So, on a saturday morning, I went to the garage, found (almost) all the parts (i'm still looking for the passenger footrest, should be somewhere), and rebuilded the bike.
After that, I went on a short ride just to take some picture to re-list it :

and, as everybody could guess, when I took the picture, rode the bike on the street, looked at the picture on my computer, I said to myself "don't be stupid, this bike is just so nice, you can't sell it"

tom4, so, I kept it, and bought an old 600fazer as a cheap trackbike :)
my motorcycle and freeride channel, if I were you, I'd subscribe :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/tom4

aaron0288
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Re: Why I could not sell my 400 FZR-R (4DX)

Post by aaron0288 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Good man! Lovely bike.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another, until you just wish Flanders was dead.