1998 NC30 Project

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
FreshPrince14
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Re: 1998 NC30 Project

Post by FreshPrince14 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:38 am

jim157 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:00 pm
Posting on the members section is restricted to site supporters only.

Good thread by the way.
Thanks for your reply :up: Can you tell me how I support the site and become a member? I checked out the section on donating via Paypal but the thread is locked and it appears that's no longer how you become a member. Cheers!

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:04 pm

FreshPrince14 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:38 am
jim157 wrote:

Good thread by the way.
Thanks for your reply :up: Can you tell me how I support the site and become a member? I checked out the section on donating via Paypal but the thread is locked and it appears that's no longer how you become a member. Cheers!
Here you go :-

Upgrading your account to VIB (very important biker) membership and its benefits will cost £10 for 12 months subscription. Paid initially via paypal.

Features. .
1 - You currently will be able to create new posts in the Members rides section and be in full post control over your post (including locking)
2 - PM facility will rise to 500 messages
3 - Be able to create new posts in the anything goes sale section, and reply to bikes for sale posts
4 - Attachment upload and storage facility.
5 - Change and upload your avatar facility
6 - User signature facility
7 - Can use BBCode
8 - Can create polls
9 - Hide your on line status
and a few other bits and bobs you can do in and around the forum. And a few other features as they come on line.

INSTRUCTIONS
1 - Make a paypal donation of at least £10 to 400gbmods@googlemail.com
2 - Once you have done that, if you post a reply under this thread with the paypal ref number, and date / time it was made.
I will then upgrade your account accordingly as soon as i possibly can.

NOTE from October 2013 - All account upgrades / donations will go to the Northwest Air Ambulance without exception.
This is a very worthy charity as you all know and the Air Ambulance service is funded by people like us and makes huge differences to peoples lives - so please donate what you can.
I also appreciate regions have their own air ambulance coverage, all of which do sterling work. But in this instance the NWAA covers the geographical region of where 400GreyBike is hosted.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported this site and for their continued support.
Also note all future account upgrades / donations will earn a new style rank icon as shown below.
I will post a report in this section annually how much we have raised for the NWAA.
bighug
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

FreshPrince14
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by FreshPrince14 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:34 pm

jim157 wrote:
FreshPrince14 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:38 am
jim157 wrote:

Good thread by the way.
Here you go :-

Upgrading your account to VIB (very important biker) membership and its benefits will cost £10 for 12 months subscription. Paid initially via paypal.

Features. .
1 - You currently will be able to create new posts in the Members rides section and be in full post control over your post (including locking)
2 - PM facility will rise to 500 messages
3 - Be able to create new posts in the anything goes sale section, and reply to bikes for sale posts
4 - Attachment upload and storage facility.
5 - Change and upload your avatar facility
6 - User signature facility
7 - Can use BBCode
8 - Can create polls
9 - Hide your on line status
and a few other bits and bobs you can do in and around the forum. And a few other features as they come on line.

INSTRUCTIONS
1 - Make a paypal donation of at least £10 to 400gbmods@googlemail.com
2 - Once you have done that, if you post a reply under this thread with the paypal ref number, and date / time it was made.
I will then upgrade your account accordingly as soon as i possibly can.

NOTE from October 2013 - All account upgrades / donations will go to the Northwest Air Ambulance without exception.
This is a very worthy charity as you all know and the Air Ambulance service is funded by people like us and makes huge differences to peoples lives - so please donate what you can.
I also appreciate regions have their own air ambulance coverage, all of which do sterling work. But in this instance the NWAA covers the geographical region of where 400GreyBike is hosted.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported this site and for their continued support.
Also note all future account upgrades / donations will earn a new style rank icon as shown below.
I will post a report in this section annually how much we have raised for the NWAA.
bighug
Cheers for your reply Jim157 ImageImage I made the donation but I can't reply with my PayPal transaction number underneath as the thread is locked. Any ideas?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

FreshPrince14
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by FreshPrince14 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:43 pm

So while I was waiting for the parts to be powder coated, a few packages arrived. The first being a set of new gold EBC X Series front discs.... These are stunning!!! So nice, I kind of don't want to use them Image Hopefully these pictures work. New phone today so trying to get used to it Image

ImageImageImageImage

FreshPrince14
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by FreshPrince14 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Next up was a full fork rebuild kit and a front wheel bearing kit from All Balls Racing. ImageImage

Next was a big box of OCD inspired genuine Honda parts from CMSNL in The Netherlands. I decided that if I'm going to do this build then I'm going to do it right and replace any worn parts such as nuts, bolts, seals, caps and all the small pieces that will hopefully show an attention to detail. I spent a fair bit of time on the CMSNL website and finally placed an order for 70 something different types of parts (multiples of many). Think I ended up with over 200 individual parts in the end. You do pay a premium from CMSNL but the selection of parts is massive and the service and delivery time is excellent. So included was many nuts and bolts that will be visible around the handlebars and dash of the bike, plenty of bolts for the underside such as shock linkage etc, rubber caps for inside of handlebars, clamps for the exhaust, exhaust studs and nuts, steering stem cap, new clutch cable handlebar housing, new throttle cable housing, new grips, pedal rubbers, new clutch/brake levers, new lever pivot bolts... etc etc. The list goes on and on. I won't detail every part here but I'll mention them throughout the build thread. Here's a quick snap of the box of parts. I would be embarrassed to say how much it set me back. To be honest, once it arrived and I started putting the bike back together I realised that I had forgotten some bits and pieces but I can always place another order Image

ImageImage

richyrd5
Reactions:

Post by richyrd5 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:56 am

Wow,this was over a year ago...Any more updates??