Project RVF stocker...ish

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
ArizonaRVF
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1994 RVF400R
Re: Project RVF stocker...ish

Post by ArizonaRVF » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:51 pm

New to the RVF and this site. I have an extensive build going on myself right now. I've been reading through all of the pages from your builds. You do some really nice work and your attention to the little things is quite impressive. Your machines turn out excellent. I was going to do a build thread here, but I think you have to be a supporter?
Last edited by ArizonaRVF on Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1 x NC30, 2 x NC32.5,

Post by Tim400GB » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:20 pm

@ LTP22
The graphics came from Image works

@ ArizonaRVF
Thanks very much, I do my best. Yes you have to be a site supporter to post in 'memebrs bikes & rides'.
Lots of nice parts and hard work youve got there! Good luck with the build and welcome to the site!

ArizonaRVF
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ArizonaRVF » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 am

Maybe one of these days I'll be allowed to sit at the adult table and become a supporter, LOL! Looked around to figure out how to go about it, wasn't very successful...guess I need to learn the secret handshake......

RoninZX-10R
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 racebike, ZX10R roadbike

Post by RoninZX-10R » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:46 pm

ArizonaRVF...just checked out your build on vfrworld, amazing level of detail and dedication!! I'll be checking back into that site to see progress, keep up the great work.

ArizonaRVF
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ArizonaRVF » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:02 pm

Thanks, but I really shouldn't have posted that in Timon's build thread. Kind of a jerk move....My sincerest apologies to Timon for doing that.

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Tim400GB » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 am

Ill forgive you long as you get your own thread up with lots of intimate details
(maybe pm one of the mods about upporting the site)

ArizonaRVF
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ArizonaRVF » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:03 am

Lemme work on that! I didn't mean to just come into your excellent build thread and trample all over everything on just my 7th post. Very poor form. I just deleted the link. I'm still following along on yours, however. Keep doing what you do and I'll keep looking! Again, my sincerest apologies, Timon.

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Tim400GB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:06 pm

No worries, no offence taken but appreciated bud

So with a bit of sunshine I could crack on in the space of the garden getting the bodywork clean.
Its far from perfect with lots of age related marks but its come up pretty well.

Going on pretty well.

Put the new oem graphic on, forgot to take a before pic but there was a massive chip in it that really jarred the look of the bike. you can just see it on the far right side of the original.

Few pics out in the sun basically finished.

There's one plastic clip I need to get, thought it was a good idea to buy ten generic ones than one oem one, was a poor move. The rear tyre was also as flat as a pancake, cant remember pumping them up after getting the new tyres fitted so I hope its just that, checked the valve, no leaks there. I've left it at bang on 30psi to be checked later.

ArizonaRVF
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ArizonaRVF » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:35 am

Very, very, clean. Really nice work you did to that machine. The quality of your builds is very top shelf. I'm getting my bodywork and tank redone in the RT color scheme. Taking it in on Wednesday to have a consultation with my painter. I was somewhat surprised that the graphics are just stuck straight to the plastic, with no clear coat over them. My paint guy has to repair a couple of small things on the inside, but overall, the bodywork has held up extremely well for 25 years of age. Yours looks to be in great shape for it's age, as well.

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Tim400GB » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:35 am

Thanks very much.
Yes the original graphics arent cleared over but are very good quality, theyre thick and have almost a foiled feel to them. Thought i would have trouble getting it on as its probably a very old sticker, but no it seems to have adhered well.

Development this morning - rear tyre has lost 5psi overnight, awesome, not