NGneers NC30 build thread (8 years + in the making)

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms
Re: NGneers NC30 build thread (8 years + in the making)

Post by NGneer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Timon wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:11 am
Left over beer?

Looking Good bud
It is a new concept for me as well Tim, but despite my best efforts I couldn't give it all away and had to bring some back with me ;)

The first round of stickers have been fitted, just waiting for a couple of re-sized replacements and a couple of omissions from the original delivery. Wheels have been sprayed gold by the painter at work and look tip top, but unfortunately whilst the lacquer was still wet something settled on the rear wheel and left marks in the clear coat so that is being done again.

Just waiting on the last of the stickers now and the wheels so I can get the new rubber fitted :grin:

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NGneer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Well sorting out all the stickers took more time than I first thought due to a couple being missing from the first order and another couple needing re-doing.

I finally got them all sorted and handed them over to the painter at work who was going to throw a coat of clear coat over everything for me. Annoyingly this then coincided with the heat wave arriving over here which sadly stopped the painter spraying. You learn something everyday and apparently clear coat is the worst thing to spray when it is hot & humid as it both picks up the moisture from the air and goes cloudy and/or dries too fast so it doesn't have chance spread and give the required high gloss finish. :?

Anyway the painter had a few jobs backing up so he went onto the night shift this week so he could catch up whilst it was cooler and today I finally collected all the fairings and the wheels that he had also painted for me. I managed to catch one of the local bike shops after work to get the tyres fitted and found myself spending an hour or so talking to a former German bike racer who had raced at Cadwell, Mallory, Scarborough and 5 times at the TT amongst others!!! He was a lovely old guy and never in my life have I seen someone take so much care about fitting a set of tyres. ;)

A few teaser pics as this should hopefully all be going together tomorrow and then there should be some finished ones. :peace:

:rocks:

marcus57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30, nc35, gsxr750

Post by marcus57 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Very nice build 👍

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1 x NC30, 2 x NC32.5,

Post by Tim400GB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:05 am

Looking forward to seeing this all together

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NGneer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:22 am

I fell into the trap of thinking "all I have to do is stick the fairings back on" forgetting all the other "little" jobs I still had to do (remove chain spacing set as I am back to a 150 rear tyre, fit new wheel bearings and brake discs, build and fit front indicators, refight lights seat etc etc). Anyway after a very hot few hours in the garage yesterday....she was finally finished and rolled out into the garden for a few photos.

Ladies and gents, this is my Foggy Honda Britain rep :grin:

Thanks to many on here for their help, advice and inspiration.

:rocks:

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1 x NC30, 2 x NC32.5,

Post by Tim400GB » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 am

Looks awesome bud, very nice bike

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NGneer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Timon wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 am
Looks awesome bud, very nice bike
Cheers pal, and thanks for the inspiration 😉

VicNew
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by VicNew » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:56 am

Looks super, great job!

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:45 am

Fantastic job!
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NGneer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:37 am

I remember when Timon finished his Honda Britain build he took it for a few phots at the local race track (Brands Hatch as I recall).
Well as he set the standard I decided I should take it for a run through the local Eiffel National Park, which is also some of the best biking roads in Germany to a quaint little drinking town which has a racing problem....called Nürburg and do something similar :whistle:
....also stopped briefly at Bad Münster Eiffel on the way back for an ice cream :drool: :-)

Some truly amazing roads if you are ever looking for somewhere to go for a bike trip :peace: