NC23 Rebuild and Restore NZ First Project Bike

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
NZeeeee11
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC23 Rebuild and Restore NZ First Project Bike

Post by NZeeeee11 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Cheers for all the help so far. Finally got to work on them this weekend have the sub-frame off and ready for the powder coaters. Also bought paint for the exhaust. Carbs for the together bike have been put back on and the throttle cable oiled...wiring confused the hell outa me, and still does but getting a wiring diagram to help with that, one thing I did notice that was interesting is the 'rectifier'? It says cbr900rrx and with a modified harness to fit. Idea's? Also have the rear axle of the bike back together, bearing feel fine and no movement whatsoever, they also look rather clean....Attached will be a few photosImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gimly56
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR400RR

Post by Gimly56 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:18 am

Honda reg recs are fairly interchange-able from what I can tell?

My bike had a CBR600 reg rec on it when I first got it and it worked fine.

NZeeeee11
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by NZeeeee11 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:21 am

Well, it has sure been awhile.

Got to work this weekend with the entirety of Saturday and Sunday on the bikes!!

Oh First I discovered why the wiring was confusing me soo much, because I'm an absolute beginner turns out there was two harness connected on the bike. Some connections to one harness and others to the different harness!! What a mess, now all cleaned up with only one harness on, l attempted to at least get the starter motor to click/dash to come on. No-luck, checked all fuses, all the wiring seems to be fine and was using a starter pack to run. Unsure what it could be, maybe relay or some-sort?? Will keep trouble shooting and break out the multi-meters to get confirmation.

Also have a few questions for those with more than my limited knowledge. There is a 3 pin, thin little plug that I cannot find and home for and also a 2 pin that sits right on the harness, will attach photos below. Also a small blackbox that is plugged into my CDI, labelled M-Max, again will attach photos. I tried looking on the interwebs for info, but struggled to find anything that helped.

Also mocked up some lifts in order to put the engine back in. So overall not too much completed, but everything is on track to progress. Cheers again for the help

NZeeeee11
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by NZeeeee11 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:28 am

ImageImageImageImage

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:21 pm

Mmax box is just a speed derestriction unit, had one on mine when we first got it. It means you bypass the speed limit set by the manufacturer of 115mph so you are able to hit top speed which is around 130mph

NZeeeee11
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by NZeeeee11 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:17 am

Oh great!! Thank You, also have the gold CDI, which is interesting to note as I thought that CDI was already derestriced. Double un-restrictions then? Haha. Cheers

NZeeeee11
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by NZeeeee11 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:17 am

Gimly56
Reactions:

Post by Gimly56 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:05 pm

Eeeek fingers crossed your wiring isn't as much of a mess as mine was!! I had a de restriction unit spliced into my bikes wiring harness and they'd tried to remove/disconnect all unnecessary electronics (was raced) and I ended up buying a whole new wiring harness

Im sure yours will be fine though!!! Good luck.

Gimly56
Reactions:

Post by Gimly56 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:46 am

Any updates mate????

Gimly56
Reactions:

Post by Gimly56 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:40 am

If you ever decide to give up on these CBRs let me know and I'll buy them off you!!