vf400f d.o.b.a.r. project

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: vf400f d.o.b.a.r. project

Post by ligurt » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:36 pm

1 gram less after sandblasting and anodization

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:30 pm

It's coming.... This is the second attempt I did to turn it on. It needs a big refinement job on the carburation, but it sounds great, The yoshimura stage 3 cams and the gsxr alternator did a supreme job. The live sound is absolutely astonishing, full of power. The Taoh give a wonderful timbre.
https://www.veed.io/view/88af6833-22c2- ... anel=share

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:23 am

ligurt wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:43 pm
CMSMJ1 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:01 am
Ahh - this is not a Rick Oliver one, it is an original G-force one ;)

So, uses an insert into the original cover. I am that old skool... :rocks:

ligurt wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:37 pm
I'm curious, because for sure Rick did a good job, but my friend Franco is also careful to make the things well. Franco's cover is about 1/4 inch less protruding than stock and has an incredible honda familiy feeling look.

Never heard of the G-force, and am always curious. Please send images if you can get some.
Now then!

I was glad to see you posting in this thread again as it reminds me to get you some pictures of the original config for the Suzuki generator fitment.

Luckily for you :D I have a box of rammel downstairs that I am suire has the engine cover in it - so when I have a moment frmo lunch I will go find it, clean it up and weigh it too.

Such a great thread this one :rocks:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:26 am

Just watched the link - That sounds excellent too.

The speed of the revs are something else too - I will refit my generator for sure as that really does show how much of a difference it makes.

Molto Bene!
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:49 pm

CMSMJ1 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:26 am
Just watched the link - That sounds excellent too.

The speed of the revs are something else too - I will refit my generator for sure as that really does show how much of a difference it makes.

Molto Bene!
Hi CMSMJ1, yes it does a huge difference. But the cams gave much of a kick in the ass! The spanish Taoh exhaust has a wonderful sound, I guess it's a copy of something coming from the Japan, but in any case it's the cherry on the top of the cake. :grin:

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:17 pm

In the middle picture you can see how my friend Franco started from the left and went to the right...
It suit a Spal fan VA32A 101 62A
The fan is located on the right side of the lower radiator to allow the passage of the front pipes and to leave the upper radiator rear side free to locate the panel to lead fresh air to the carbs as per HRC VF400RK manual