New member with an nc30 project

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones
Re: New member with an nc30 project

Post by jim157 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:35 am

Sean91 wrote:Can somebody tell me where i can get some '400R' graphics for the tail?

Cheers
Imageworks should be able to sort you out.
http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Just out of curiosity, do you mind saying how much you paid for the bike? Prices for the NC30 & NC35 are all over the place, so it's always useful to know what they are actually selling for.

Sean91
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Sean91 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:56 pm

Foxy400 wrote:Just out of curiosity, do you mind saying how much you paid for the bike? Prices for the NC30 & NC35 are all over the place, so it's always useful to know what they are actually selling for.
It was £1300, ive seen tidy ones sell between £2500 and £3100. I reckon with what i paid, and by the time ive finished i'll have a really nice example for around £1800 to £2000

Sean

Sean91
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Sean91 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:27 pm

some deconstruction has taken place... ive cleaned up the cockpit and all the controls, ive also treated and repainted the headlight/clock bracket. Not having the nose cone on has brought to my attention how tatty and rusty the fork yokes are, another job to add to the list once I have the forks off :)

first bit of powdercoating has been done

ive done a bit of shopping this week... both the heat shield and clamps on the chainguard are considerably rusted, so id rather replace with some nice carbon parts

I hate those MPH conversion stickers, at night I couldn't tell how fast I was going :roll: so I bought one of those lockwood UK clock faces and set about fitting it earlier

I bought a titanium gear linkage rod to replace the old one, looks much nicer and noticeably lighter too

gave the rear sets a good clean, they haven't polished up to a high shine or anything but I'm happy its an improvement on before

i found this delkavic exhaust in the garage, it was initially bought for my Yamaha thundercat, but i replaced it with a micron. the vfr has a step down shim from 60something mm down to 50mm so it fits perfect. looks better on the vfr, and gives it a racier sound than the viper 8o)

maybe jumping the gun a bit here, but I have a mix of titanium and stainless bolts for when the bike is done

Sean91
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Sean91 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:14 pm

It might look like I haven't done much at this point, besides change the exhaust and fit the powdercoated bits, but a fair amount of cleaning has been done. I also thought id save time and money by not having the rear subframe powdercoated, so Ive removed and treated the rust, then painted it in silver hammerite.

The carbs have also been stripped, cleaned and rebalenced and its had a new air filter. The bike runs fantasticly :D

Yep! That piece is off broken completely :roll: it looks like its been repaired before but the fiberglass repair looks shit

Here we have some GPI radiators... I wasnt sure about buying these, reviews are hit and miss. But mine seem better quality than others ive seen online, so off to a good start

...Okay, so they werent quite a straight swap and the fit isnt as good as oem but overall they arent bad by any means

Manky top rads

And the bottom. The old rad was so corroded that when i removed the bolts to dissasemble it, the mounts crumbled into dust...
The GPI one was a ball ache to fit compared to the top, one of the mounts wasnt too accurate so i had to remove a gromet and bolt if flush with spacers (not a great deal) annoyingly there was no threaded inserts supplied for the fan bracket, i assumed the oem ones were removable, but no :roll: I had to resort to using what nuts bolts and washers i could find in the garage

Due to the slight ill fitting, the f*cking hoses dont fit and im gonna have to Buy more... Still, the rads look great :D

Locomad
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Locomad » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Going nicely!
I need a temp exhaust until i sort out what direction my project goes (back to OE or upgrades) would you be interested in selling the viper can? Yes my project is missing the end can (as well as other stuff lol)

Sean91
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Sean91 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 am

Yeah sure, make me an offer, postage will be about a tenner id imagine :) what else do you need?

Locomad
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Locomad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Still working on getting it to.my house so I can make a list. If your in no rush I'll come back to you in a week. I know I definitely need a starter motor!

Sean91
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Sean91 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Yeah not in any rush, its just sat in my spares box. Will probably shine up quite nice with some elbow grease and a polish. Ive got the viper silencer and a titanium beowulf that should fit, 2 bikes worth of spare fairings, top rad and a mirror... But no starter motor im afraid

Anyway Let me know about the silencer

Sean

Sean91
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Sean91 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:45 pm

radiators and hoses connected up and working (bike is running around 10deg cooler now) carbon chainguard fitted and the bikes been jetwashed as clean as its gonna get

next on the list is the wheels and forks 8-)