Trackdog the second

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Trackdog the second

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi all
Not been on here much due to us having a baby boy a few weeks ago but as some of you may know after selling project trackdog last year i knew it was a mistake so was soon on the hunt for another and over the last few months this is what ive come up with. The bike originally came from Geoff33 needing work and my intention was to just get it running and use it for the odd trackday as a cheap bit of fun.
Then i got offered a trick front end and couldn't say no and the project just got bigger and bigger but happy with how its turned out. Just had a daylight mot put on her and cant wait to have a blast.

Just want to say a big thankyou to Geoff for all his help with parts etc for the project. Always helpful, good quality parts at the right price. Cheers dude.
Last edited by reverse cylinder jim on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO
Re: Trackdog the second

Post by Drunkn Munky » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Woohoo return of the trackdog :grin:

What front end is that mate, GSXR?

reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:46 am

Front end is kawasaki 636 B1h forks, bars, brakes, wheel and zxr 400 yokes using a Rick Oliver fitting kit. It was a friend on the forum that did all the hard work seeing if it would fit, i got it off him and fitted it to mine. I've not had chance to play with any settings yet but once I source a good rear shock I can take it to a track and play.

I've not fitted the front Dymag yet as I will have to make some spacers but the rear fitted straight on and I've also fitted a Laser stainless half system (or at least I think it is, the pipe work is really large bore compared to all the other systems I've had over the years hopefully all you exhaust experts on here may be able to help me and confirm this when I post up some closer pictures) and up jetted the carbs to suite.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:31 am

Take a look at the last post in the exhaust thread, thats a laser system pal

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125

Post by VFRkieran » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:00 am

Nice, are you coming to the cadwell weekend again this year?

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:00 pm

i loved trackdog MK1, MK2 doesn't disappoint....
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:45 pm

VFRkieran wrote:Nice, are you coming to the cadwell weekend again this year?
I will be going but purely as a spectator this year. I wanted to bring a few bikes to play on but left it too late to book my ticket, should have got my back side in to gear sooner but had too much on getting ready for the arrival of my little one. But will bob over for a chat though, you all gonna try and park together again like last year?
royster81 wrote:i loved trackdog MK1, MK2 doesn't disappoint....
Thanks mate.
Not really sure how far to go with this one, want to keep it as a cheap bit of fun but keep getting tempted by stuff to buy for it!

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Ok fess up people, who's been on eBay looking at prices for ZXR front ends after seeing this bike. I know I've been tempted !!
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

reverse cylinder jim
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by reverse cylinder jim » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:01 pm

royster81 wrote:Ok fess up people, who's been on eBay looking at prices for ZXR front ends after seeing this bike. I know I've been tempted !!
The front end really brings the NC up to date but the biggest downside to the conversion is the lack of steering lock with the zxr400 yokes fitted. I've had to machine up some bump stops that bolt onto the frame where the fairing brace bolts on to stop the bars hitting the clocks etc and also machine up some spacers on the ignition to stop it fowling the headstock.

Still not had chance to get out on it yet, once I do I will see if it's worth all the hassle/money. Fingers crossed.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Drunkn Munky » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:55 pm

royster81 wrote:Ok fess up people, who's been on eBay looking at prices for ZXR front ends after seeing this bike. I know I've been tempted !!
No mate trumpet 675 forks are what you want, go straight in RVF yokes ;)