Being led by the heart

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1990 nc30
Re: Being led by the heart

Post by carpman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:18 am

Current status is...
ImageImage
She is up and running and sounding lovely, I did however have a problem the first time I fired her up she gushed fuel from the bottom of the right bank of carbs but with the help of RO that was soon sorted.
Things I have left to do is front brakes and sort body work

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Well I was putting the front brakes back on today and its all gone pete tong nearside caliper is now buggered (banjo bolt when in p--sed because of the powder coat and I've managed to knacker the threads in the caliper), I'm hoping my local engineering firm can sort it when they return from their hols (Aug 18), for the time being has anyony got 1 I can borrow/buy asap (Depo can be left if necessary) until I get mine sorted please....

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 am

Sourced another caliper from RO at a great price, this will be used temporarily to replace mine until I can get it sorted

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Everything mechanically is back together and working, I forgotten the lovely sound of her purring. Just the body work left. I was never really happy with the way it fitted so I decided I was gonna try and get a better fit, nose and mids went on but I still cant get a really nice fit gonna speak to body work people when I put it in for spraying and see if they can sort it out. 2 panels left belly pan and seat well I had to check which bracket went where for the belly pan, I have to remove 1 bolt out of the right set and 1 from the kick stand and would you believe it it snaps 2/3rds of the way out sh-- now what I had a quick go at drilling the remainder (for a helicoil) but this bolt though even armed cobalt bits. I'm now not sure if stand will be strong enough with just the 1 bolt, the snapped bolt does fill the hole of the stand mount just no head. Any advise on this would be great.

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:53 pm

Unsure but Sidestand bolts maybe high tensile like caliper bolts etc should be ok but having enjoyed watching this build thread would require proper repair First. Maybe time to step back and come back refreshed don't rush the final touches of a brilliant build thread.

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Well I managed to have had another go at the stand bolt on Mon and sorted it, I replaced it with an engine bolt, its all back together now booked for mot tomorrow, so hopefully all will be good. I forgot to take finishing shots prior to putting bodywork back on...

Need some help with suggestions for a new alarm ? I did have a spy500 thingy on it but it was a proper battery eater not that matters now as I have an optimate 4 charger and a power point by bike, so currently she has no bell fitted.

dobbslc
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3TJRRSP TRX850 XV750 cafe

Post by dobbslc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:38 pm

I had a meta 357 on my trx until it burnt out last week! But it did last 12 years! So not a bad run.

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:24 pm

As expected/hoped she flew through the Mot (no advisories) all taxed and legal, now I just want to go for a blast but dont know where to go....

carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by carpman » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:51 am

Well summer is coming again and I need some recomendations for a good body shop so I can get her painted.
Any suggestions ??