Ben's track bike

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
ChowderV4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 94 Fzr 400 3TJ ZXR400 Racer
Re: Ben's track bike

Post by ChowderV4 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:46 pm

benny wrote:
ChowderV4 wrote:shes one hell of a machine, nice spec too.
if you fancy doing an g round this year i will save you a space in my garage / awning :)
Thanks for the great offer!
I've got to get the bike sorted, then I want to do a shake Down run at Darley. Then a track day at somewhere like Cadwell (or 2). Depending how that all goes see if I can fit a race meet in (I'd like the meeting to be at whatever Trackday I do so probably Cadwell)
we do cadwell in april ;) with acu test day too

benny
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 (track), ZX-9R (road)

Post by benny » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:09 pm

Finally some photos! So my carbon tank has some photos in a thread linked on the previous page.
Today we went to get my bike back from GIA who have made the new inner aluminum tank. Sorry for the poor iphone quality photo but here it is.
As GIA weren't very happy cutting my carbon tank (which is fair enough) Chris (VVS) from Rook Motorsport cut the new hole for me. Here's an action shot.
BRS Racing for up to date bike build and race results.
TT Zero for the electric Superbike build.
DM104 for the road race team.

benny
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 (track), ZX-9R (road)

Post by benny » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:48 pm

OK so here's whats going on:
Front brakes are off, cleaning and repainting then refitting with new accossato master cylinder.
I've drawn my own adjustable rear sets that take a brembo rear master, once I get round to having these machined then I'll strip down the rear brake on the bike to for a rebuild and replace the master.
Water leak I think i traced to the small pipe in the bottom of the V (I hear its a common problem that I hadn't heard of) seals have been purchased from Rick as well as some new titanium bolts, so that will come off at some point, cleaned and refitted.
After working on a GSXR1000 superbike (ex Tyco) I've remembered how much better having a genny and starter motor is as apposed to total loss, the easiest option to go back to having a generator but keep lipo, is to fit the green (standard shape) battery in the new space under the tank and charge it off the bikes standard system, but I'd like to keep the smaller RC style lipo therefore I'm currently researching the circuitry and electrickery I need to make this work charging off the bike's system.
After all that's finished and the bike is running again on standard carbs, I'll then start settling trying to fit my ram air system.
All good.
BRS Racing for up to date bike build and race results.
TT Zero for the electric Superbike build.
DM104 for the road race team.