My 91 NC29

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
NC29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29
My 91 NC29

Post by NC29 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Well I've been meaning to start a thread for a while now so here goes. I bought this nc29 10 years ago and spent a lot of time and money on her over the years. This is the way she is at way she is at the moment:

Here's what she looked like when I got her back in 2003:

My most recent mod was the digital dash from a 2003 600rr. This was a bit tricky as no one had any info about it online but fairly straight forward once you look at the wiring diagrams for the 2 bikes. I wired the HISS light to my alarm LED to give it the factory look:

Current mods include:

K&N Panel Filter
Dynojet stg 1
Coil on Plugs (K2 gsxr600)
EBC Kevlar Clutch
4-1 Stainless headers
Coloured Titanium ART end can
Galfer Wave discs front & rear
Goodridge black braided lines (Custom Made)
Ohlins rear shock with remote adjuster (919rr blade) adds about 30mm to tail height
Harris clip ons
Remote adjustable front brake lever
Digital Dash (03 600rr)
Carbon top yoke protector
Carbon ART front fender
Carbon rear fender
Carbon air intakes
Carbon Kevlar engine covers
R&G Crash Bobbins
LED turn signals, brake lights, parking lights
Custom paint scheme

Future mods on the to do list are:

Daytona 675 forks and calipers
Ignitech CDI
Powdercoat frame, swingarm, subframe matt black
Powdercoat wheels gloss black
55w HID headlights
keihin 33mm flatslides
Overhaul the engine
HM quickshifter
Adjustable rear sets

I had intended to put the NC35 front end on with 600rr or 954 4 pot calipers but after getting all the bits there I've changed my mind in favour of the newer showas on the daytona 675 with radial calipers. I've 2 sets of nc35 front forks that are now for sale as are the calipers and clip ons. Last time she was dyno'd she made 60.1 bhp so I would like to see 70 or so after the overhaul and a few more mods.

:rocks:

-Phil
Last edited by NC29 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1991 CBR 400 RR NC29

bikemonkey
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 92 NC30, 90 VFR750
Re: My 91 NC29

Post by bikemonkey » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:34 am

That dash is a really nice touch.

Looking forward to seeing the Daytona front end on this :peace:

NC29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NC29 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Cheers mate,I really like the dash myself. I was surprised it hadn't been done before but it is more expensive to do than the Koso dash. I started collecting bits over about 6 months as they came up cheap and did the work myself so it cost me about the same as the Koso in the end but it looks better IMO.

I found a front end in the states off an 07 675 just waiting on pics and to get money together after christmas. I'm on 2 minds about calipers, I notice the triumph guys running R6 calipers, are they better in some way to the nissin the triumph comes with I wonder?
1991 CBR 400 RR NC29

Goulime
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: '91 NC29 / '93 NC30

Post by Goulime » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Very nice one !!!! :peace:

tell us about the 675 fork ! For next year i don't know yet what bike i'am going to put on track (NC29 or NC30) so i'am interrested in fork upgrade on both !

NC29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NC29 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:39 am

Been a while since I updated this thread. I finally put on the NC35 front since I had it all there, had to swap over the steering stem as the nc29 is about 10mm longer than the nc35. Got a new axle and spacers from Honda and a titanium axle nut which is really nice. I had a slight issue with the mudguard but a big thanks to Gavin in Jap4Performance for getting a replacement sent out the next day. I have to say I am impressed with the feel of the forks, I'm considering keeping them now and upgrading the springs and valves with racetech parts. I'd love to do the Ohlins replica forks that I seen on here :drool:

Warped 1st mudguard
600rr calipers

I'm thinking of getting the wheels done in HRC gold, I think it'll look well with the paint scheme, opinions?
1991 CBR 400 RR NC29