NC35 Project Bike: Going to be a long few months!

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
SteveNC35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR1000RR, RVF400
Re: NC35 Project Bike: Going to be a long few months!

Post by SteveNC35 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:08 am

Small update: Haven't done much at all, however this has become priority #1 after crashing the NSR today. Poor thing just has too many things wrong with it and is being taken off the road as of tomorrow. As a result, the RVF has to be completed ASAP!

SteveNC35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SteveNC35 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:52 am

Unfortuntaly due to exam period, nothing more has been done to the bike. I haven't been able to get the tank to sit properly either, so I'm wondering if something's bent because it just won't line up with where it's supposed to be bolted down.

In the mean time, have almost secured another ride after stuffing the poor little NSR: CBR400 NC23 :D

SteveNC35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SteveNC35 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Alright: MAJOR UPDATES!

So a lot has happened in the past two months. First of all, I got completely side-tracked by getting my hands on an '89 CBR400RR NC23. High-ish kms at over 60000kms but it was cheap and had minimal things wrong with it (crack in a fairing, levers, missing an indicator etc). I was intending on fixing it up and throwing it on the road so I could have a form of transport back as the RVF was a while off of being on the road. Unfortunately, due to Australian provisional licience restrictions I couldn't legally ride it (yet the RVF is on the list of approved motorcycles - yeah, figure that one out!) so I sold it two weeks later. Quick snap:

Have since managed to get the RVF road-worthy-ed and registered. Haven't got off it since basically! Here's a quick pick of it now, I've got close to 30-50 odd photos to upload of the actual build process at some stage. Right now the bike needs a few o-rings around the thermostat area, new pads/new brake fluid and definitely a new rear shock. Will post more in the morning, completely stuffed at the moment :P

SteveNC35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SteveNC35 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:48 am

So, it's been a while since I've touched this one. Actually sold it back in November last year, biggest mistake I've ever made. However a few weeks ago, an ad came up advertising it. Couldn't believe it, but it was the same bloke who I sold it two and he'd only done 2000kms on it since.

Needless to say, wasn't missing the chance and purchased it on the spot. However since then, I've moved states :P Have organised shipping to my door down in Tasmania. Coming back home sometime this weekend, going to continue the project. Am aiming for:

-New front end (either 600rr, 675 or 1000rr, TBC)
-HRC ignition (to go with the HRC carbs on it)
-Different airbox
-Woodcraft clipons
-Q/A throttle
-R6 regulator
-Set of dymags (one can dream!)
-New exhaust
-New bodywork (undecided if to go stock shape with full Tyga carbon fairings or the tyga T13 shape. Not fussed as already hunting for RVF #2, aiming to have one of each shape)

So there's no sleeping due to excitement until the bike shows up on my doorstep :P