Bikemonkey's NC30

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
bikemonkey
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 92 NC30, 90 VFR750
Re: Bikemonkey's NC30

Post by bikemonkey » Fri May 27, 2016 10:40 am

I am afraid it went straight into the scrap metal bin, sorry!

bikemonkey
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by bikemonkey » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:38 pm

Not much has happened with this as I've moved again!

But I have bought a couple of screens, and I fitted the double bubble one to try it out.

All it needs now is clocks. Luckily Benny has a set saved for me so no worries there.

In other news I now have my own garage :grin:

This is a big win. Just need to rob enough materials out my Dads sheds to make a decent work bench.... :whistle:

bikemonkey
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by bikemonkey » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:22 pm

A bit more work done/trackdays participated in!

First off I got to Cadwell Park for the CBT weekend without a set of clocks attached to the bike. I had however organised to buy a set off Benny. Unfortunately it was not plug and play as I thought, but luckily Michael Ruhl came to the rescue (thank you again! :peace: ) of an electrics numpty and sorted me out a new plug (me and Benny helped, sort of).

After that it was all go for a fantastic weekend at Cadwell Park pretty much racing each other round on 400's! Which did earn us a short telling off on Sunday morning :whistle:
Once the photographer has got his shit together I might have some pictures from the weekend to post up....

Anyway after some clearances issues coupled with Benny's and Mark's comments on how tight in my bars were I decided to try spacing them out. This made clearances worse and I had to move the clocks further back.

As you can see it's a good thing that I didn't cut down the front bracket just yet as one of the headlight mounts allowed me to re-position the clocks further left and back, with a hole drilled for the other mount.

Anyway I now have full lock back on both sides with everything clearing nicely.

I then did an oil and filter change, with a new drilled and magnetised sump plug which I got from Rick O a short while ago.

Wire locking could be better but I don't have a proper pair of pliers to do it with.

A result of the oil change was me losing my rag with the rad fan clearance and realising I didn't need it. So off that came. Weight saved and all that.

I then removed and tidied up the wiring for it as best I could without stripping down the loom.

The test of the new bar position shall be tomorrow at an Airfield Riding Day with Odiham Motorcycle Club.

May even get some pictures from that too if I'm lucky!

benny
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 (track), ZX-9R (road)

Post by benny » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Nice, interesting to see how you find the bars. The angle before looked crazy.
Glad I could "sort of" help with those clocks ;)
See you at the track again soon! (Well maybe next year :( )
BRS Racing for up to date bike build and race results.
TT Zero for the electric Superbike build.
DM104 for the road race team.

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:57 am

You should find that new position a lot better when it comes to changing direction as you'll have more leverage now. We need to arrange another trackday soon. My RVF is without carbs again now as they've been sent back to the owner. New set will be on their way soon.

bikemonkey
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by bikemonkey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Well here's the pictures I bought from the Cadwell weekend.

And after trying the new bar position I can confirm it did offer more leverage, if it took a little getting used to!

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:28 am

bikemonkey wrote: Image
Great shot.

bikemonkey
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by bikemonkey » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:48 am

Well it's taken me some time to update with the pictures I got from the Odiham trackday. I also had a day at RAF Benson but I spent most of the day looking for grip whilst trying to learn the track as the aircraft taxi lines on the airfield had just been repainted and made it quite challenging! Due to this I didn't bother getting pictures from the day as I didn't think they'd be worth it.

Reason I finally have time to do this is because I'm currently out of action with 4 stitches in my left knee from a mountain bike accident the Sunday just gone. Good job I don't have any more trackdays booked!

Here's the full album from the day at RAF Odiham, as the photographer got quite a lot of decent ones!

http://imgur.com/a/lFTTd

And some highlights.

Bike will be going into hibernation for the winter early as my leg and funds for fun forces it. But I hopefully will get some tinkering done ;)

benny
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 (track), ZX-9R (road)

Post by benny » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Awesome shots, great lean
BRS Racing for up to date bike build and race results.
TT Zero for the electric Superbike build.
DM104 for the road race team.

bikemonkey
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by bikemonkey » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:55 pm

So with Cadwell Park next Sunday I needed to bring the wee beastie out of hibernation.

Dirty white wheels won't do, so they got cleaned first. Although I seem to have lost the picture I took of that...

Whilst the wheels were out I got a good look at the brakes and gave them a good scrub. Rear brake first as I'd neglected it all last year.

Bit minging. Luckily there was minimal corrosion, and all it needed was a good scrub off of the dust and a bit of seize.

Next onto the front brakes, another case of no corrosion :up:

Also got the dust off the brake adapters and forks.

Got her running after a good cranking and up to temp. Little test ride round the garages and all seems good. Here's a photo of the clean wheels re-attached :peace:

May have some trackday hero pics to post up after Cadwell, depends on the weather really!