Kierans type one resto with a few fancy bits.

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125
Re: Kierans type one resto with a few fancy bits.

Post by VFRkieran » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:56 am

How much would you want for it all mate? I've got stacks, springs and slides, just need the rest of it really. If the price is right and I sell the JHA on Sunday then I'll definatly have the bits

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:37 pm

So a long while with no update, she's been sat since September in the back of my container, I've been trying to get sorted on the cash side of things so I can actually do a few races this season.

So middle of feb I booked and did my ACU license course at a sopping wet brands hatch but we got there in the end and my license came in the post the other day.

Decided to book the first round with bemsee at brands hatch, bit of lockwire for the bike, blue number boards a rain light and away we go, fitted the fairing this afternoon ready to be loaded up into the van, I'm running #17 in the rookies can't wait!

Sexy rain light and Velcro for my numberplate if I ever Daytime MOT it.

Let's see what this year brings...

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:56 pm

So finally after 18months of prep and multiple things getting in the way I finally raced my NC30 for the first time, chuffed!

So I did half the test day to get my eye in and learn the track properly, bike felt good, tyres where spot on and I was pretty bike fit which I think is down to going out and being silly on my little TS125 dirt bike over the winter. Did the track walk in the evening and learnt a few interesting bits about the track which helped me a lot.

Quali on the Saturday morning was dry but overcast and quite windy, put some of the things I was told on the track walk into practise which helped out quite a lot round clear ways and into graham hill bend. Qualified 5th in F400 rookies with a best time of 1.02.

First race dry again, the nerves really kicked in when I was sat in the holding area I was thinking what am I doing here I could be at home in bed! The second the flag dropped it was all forgotten and I got my head down, I don't remember much about the race other than having a bit of a moment when I went over the rumble strips on the left before clear ways and it was a lonely race other than catching the odd mini twin and getting lapped by the really fast 650's who I tagged onto for as long as possible. Finished 7th with a best lap of 1.01.7 lap times where all over the place though. Guy in front was only running lap times less than a second faster and the guys and girls behind where 4-5 seconds slower so I really was out there on my own.

Second race of the day I was much less nervous and just determined to get out there and improve my times, I wanted to put in some consistent good laps and see if I could get any closer to the guy in front, I had a good start which was surprising seeing as the NC30's are allways a nightmare to get off the line, feels horrible slipping the clutch and revving it so hard at a standstill. I ended up 8th into Druids, I don't own any tyre warmers yet and it really does knock your confidence giving it a lap to warm up the tyres, after 2 laps I was up into 7th riding another lonely race just focussing on being faster round Druids and finding a good line round clear ways, my knee touches down round paddock hill bend which surprised me but felt good. Ended the race feeling happy in 7th with a fastest time of 1.01.2 so I have improved slightly best part was every lap was faster than the first race and all of them between low 1.01's and mid to high 1.02's much better than the first race.

I'm in bed and asleep by half 8 only woken once or twice by the high winds and rain.

Sunday starts wet and windy, I'm up at 0630 eager to get out there, wheels swapped over breakfast eaten and it was a case of waiting around, most didn't bother to do the warm up but I wanted to get a feel for my wets. it was bloody horrible out there!

First race of the day was terrible, pissing it down with rain and windy too, I went out knowing most others wouldn't have had warmers on so I had a bit more confidence.

I had another good start and kept with the front runners for a lap and a half everyone was having moments including me the front end was rock solid but the rear was getting a bit sideways in places, we caught up to the mini twin back markers pretty fast coming round to Graham hill.

the first 4 got round them really quickly but I had to go the long way round which really buggered me up and I lost the guys in front. I tried clawing it back but wasn't really making up any time so I settled for 5th soaked to the skin I hung my leathers up in the camper and hoped they would dry a bit before the next race.

I watched some of the other races through the day had a chat with a few people in the paddock and up in the pits.

3 races before mine was the mini twin race, from the van I could see that a dry line was starting to appear on paddock hill bend so I went to watch up at Druids and get an idea of how dry it was getting, looked a bit damp but as I got back to the van it was really drying fast around us and a few others where swapping to drys so I thought bugger it I will risk putting supercorsa's back on.

Got to the holding area and about 1/4 of is where on drys so I thought this May have been a mistake, sighting lap put that to bed with a dry line all round the track but passes where going to be hard with some proper wet patches off line.

I had another good start and I think at one point was in 3rd round paddock hill bend. I don't remember much about this race other than seeing a few other guys on drys having big moments on the damp patches. I had a good battle with a TZR 250 got in front of him and stayed there till the end of the race and finished 5th again, this was one of the most enjoyable races i had over the weekend was really challenging against the wind, back markers, and trying to keep my lines inch perfect.

So overall I had an absolute blast got 2 signatures on my license, improved my times and attitude towards it, I feel like there is loads more speed to come which is good, the bike didn't miss a beat all weekend and I can't wait to get out again.

I'd like to thank my brilliant girlfriend Crystal for being there all weekend to cheer me on,putting up with me through the weekend and cooking dinner in the evenings.

Simon for lending me the gazebo and not loosing the head when the bugger blew over a ripped a hole in the roof.

Tony for bringing the gazebo along, hanging around on the Friday and standing in the pissing rain on Sunday watching me wobble around.

Kurt for coming down for a chat and giving me a few pointers and showing me it's possible to do good times on an NC30.

Loads and loads of other people who have helped in one way or another over the last year or two.

Now for a few photos.

Last edited by VFRkieran on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Top work mate. Great to read all about it.
You going to kick my arse around Angelsey in May?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Thanks mate, unfortunately it doesn't look like it, there's a race at oulton on the Saturday of that weekend. It was hard to decide weather to race at oulton or a TD at Anglesey and the race won the toss. Depending on my money situation I could be going up to Anglesey in august for a race weekend with NG so I won't miss out on that track.

I'm going to be racing with NG next weekend at cadders if your about? Hopefully they can take my entry this late in the game.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Slim chance I could get over on the Sunday as am otherwise engaged on the Saturday. I'll float it past the wife...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:46 pm

Ok mate I'll PM you my number, give me a call when/if you arrive and I'll bring a ticket up for you.