lukemillar - NC30 Post Classic race bike

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Re: lukemillar - NC30 Post Classic race bike

Post by Cammo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:53 am

Good stuff Luke.

That's one awesome looking racebike. Nice.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

lukemillar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '89 NC30 Racebike #24

Post by lukemillar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Been a while since I updated this! Unfortunately, work got crazy busy at the end of last year which put a premature end to the end of the racing season. I ended up 6th this year after only competing in 3 of the 6 rounds. What was encouraging though was that the riders who finished 2nd and below in the championship have never beaten me on track, so if I can just get a full season in, I should have a good year!

This year I am making a real effort to use the FCR's I am getting closer with the jetting, but need some more dyno and track time to test. Also, this weekend I got back my slotted camshafts with the HRC grind. From talking to Scott at Colt Cams, I don't think I can degree them where I'd like without compromising piston/valve clearance and therefore needing to machine the piston tops. I can try them on my standard motor without the skimmed heads and see what numbers I get back. I really want to run these so I guess I can either back off on the timing or run with a standard set of heads.

Also fitted an HRC style oil catch tank from Japan:

Just neatens things up a little. Also, after a lot of dramas with powdercoating, I got my wheels painted. The white and dayglo yellow is no more! Not really a performance mod, but the bike is looking cool, which might intimidate the opposition... maybe!

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Such a cool moto that, where is the catch tank from? yahoo?

lukemillar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by lukemillar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Drunkn Munky wrote:Such a cool moto that, where is the catch tank from? yahoo?
Nope, it was from here:
http://japan.webike.net/products/1035908.html

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Good skills mate - bike is a peach.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

miper
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 89 nc30

Post by miper » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 pm

[quote="lukemillar"] I ended up 6th this year after only competing in 3 of the 6 rounds. What was encouraging though was that the riders who finished 2nd and below in the championship have never beaten me on track

Gota love a challenge tho Luke. Not gona be there for the first few rounds but hopefully will come back to try and haunt you later in the year. Gota take the kids to disney so gona be broke for a while....Keep an eye out for the new paint job though......Seriously though it will be great to see you back out there again. I had some good races with Malcom on his KR especially at Taupo ( 2 outa 3 to me. 46.6 best lap never been there before so a bit chuffed really) but woulda been fun to have two to chase. Looking foward to seeing how good your bike goes cause you have certainly put in the effort and deserve some decent results.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... =3&theater

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125

Post by VFRkieran » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:52 pm

The bike looks brilliant mate, all painted yourself?

Tim400GB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1 x NC30, 2 x NC32.5,

Post by Tim400GB » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Very good looking bike, liking the breather tank too. Is that part of the regs for racing?

lukemillar
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by lukemillar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:06 am

miper wrote: Gota love a challenge tho Luke. Not gona be there for the first few rounds but hopefully will come back to try and haunt you later in the year. Gota take the kids to disney so gona be broke for a while....Keep an eye out for the new paint job though......Seriously though it will be great to see you back out there again. I had some good races with Malcom on his KR especially at Taupo ( 2 outa 3 to me. 46.6 best lap never been there before so a bit chuffed really) but woulda been fun to have two to chase. Looking foward to seeing how good your bike goes cause you have certainly put in the effort and deserve some decent results.
46's is pretty damn good! I really like Taupo. Year before, I had a great race with Malcolm and took him round the outside of the fast left hander. Was a great move and then he stuffed it up the inside of pushed me off the track coming onto the back straight. Wasn't happy! Looks like you'll be right up there for the winter series as well!
VFRkieran wrote:The bike looks brilliant mate, all painted yourself?
Nah - it is just painted white and the rest is vinyl wrap. It looks great in the pics- just don't look too closely!
Timon wrote:Very good looking bike, liking the breather tank too. Is that part of the regs for racing?
Yep, need a catch tank for all breathers. I have a bottle for the rad and tank breather, but it was too small to vent the crankcases as well. This is much better design.

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125

Post by VFRkieran » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:46 am

Mate are you still looking for the needles on those FCR's? Moriwaki man has just posted on his Facebook page that he can get any needles made with no minimum order! Saw that and it made me removed you where after some ages ago.