MB's Bike

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
Miracle Boy
Settled in member
Reactions:
MB's Bike

Post by Miracle Boy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi Peeps, Might as well add a pic of my NC30. :D Great little bike & in very good condition, sadly though, the suspension has been messed about with to lower it for the previous owner who was seamingly very short in the leg. It's way to soft & low for my weight, (and I only weigh 11 stone) Every time you hit the smallest bump in the road, it bottoms out & then attempts to bounce you off. Lack of funds due too buying a house & a double garage project means that the NC will have to wait till I'm done saving. Damn!! :cry:

MB

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n
Re: MB's Bike

Post by Speedy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:47 pm

NICE! Very clean. 8-)
How was it lowered? Shorter shock or different linkage? If it's the latter, it can be changed fairly easily and cheap! Maybe a bit more preload will help with that as well??? :geek:
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

Miracle Boy
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Miracle Boy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:32 pm

Alright mate,

The fronts been lowered by simply sticking the fork stansions up through the yokes, The rear has been done by fitting another shorter rear spring. However, the rear shock seems to have lost it's gas & feels very weird.

A replacement rear shock (Fully adjustable if I can find the cash) & a complete rebuild of the front forks is the order of the day me thinks!!

just need to get the garage built so I've got a nice big work space to work on things in without having to climb over things to more round the bike. LOL!!

orbital45uk
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by orbital45uk » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:53 pm

least no to much hassle to get it back to standard then

has anyone ever thought of putting theRVF front end on?

Miracle Boy
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Miracle Boy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:08 am

Hi,

Yeah, I think quite a few ppl on here have done that. If you were interested in doing that mod yourself, you should start a thread in the technical section of the site were you would get a good response. Also try searching the site for previous threads.

MB