Project NC29...Konica Minolta rep

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29
Re: Project NC29...Konica Minolta rep

Post by royster81 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:15 am

tanuki wrote:Dan are you sure you want to go with a modern scheme with this bike...its just IMHO new schemes on older bikes look a bit disjointed and dont seem to work very well...
Why dont you consider going for something from around that era, I know they never raced the blade but and of the RC45/30 schemes would suit the lines of the bike better, or for the ultimate one of these original F3 schemes.
i agree wih tanuki on this,

if it's going to be a repaint do it in a stock scheme,maybe with a slight twist ie with a solo seat cowl or something.

if it has to be a race scheme do it in something from that era ie the red/white/blue stripe one on the bottom right or the bike thats on the cover of the HRC manual.

but if you do repaint it and it's going to go that minolta rep thats pictured it'll still look smart
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:48 am

Im on the fence here, the minolta rep does look good but a more age related colour scheme would suit the bike better as tanuki and royster have said. A Repsol scheme with a few nice touches would look nice but thats just me, or even adapt the minolta scheme to make it a little more retro.

Dan Norton
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR400 NC29

Post by Dan Norton » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Hmmmmmm.....decisions.......i tell you what we need, a picutre database of all old honda race bikes from 87-94 :smile:

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:45 pm

i agree dan, we need to get the web ferrets of this site onto it to find as many work images (or just race images ) of our '80's bikes in factory colours and maybe we can sweet talk the mods into getting a little gallery together for each model.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Dan Norton
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dan Norton » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:50 pm

Hey everyone, been sometime since i last updated, mainly because i've done F**k all! :grin:

Anyway, its obvious that the nights are starting to draw in, and "summer" is coming to an end fast....so i decided to pull the finger out my arse and crack on with doing something, and get my project started.

First job was to clear the garage of all the crap i'd gathered over summer, wish i'd taken a pic before hand but never mind.
I cleared everything out, swept the floor, and built a pikey work bench.

I decided this time (from the last time i rebuilt a bike in a garage) i'm gonna be super anal, and make sure i have enough room around the bike, aswell as being amazingly organised....note bolts in marked bags so i know where they go back for re-installation. :grin:

I've added a list of things to do, and parts to buy on the wall, plus a pic of what im hoping to achieve.

For added inspiration, Jakki Jegg adorns my garage wall.....this is from her prime days (she was 24 when she signed this for me) :mrgreen:

So....i'm gonna start from front end to back......cleaning and painting as i go, first up is the wheels, calipers, folks, fairing brackets etc.

Before....

And i stripped all the clocks and lights etc off the bike for painting.

I need to get all the painting done before the cold weather sets in, so this thread will be updated regulary before winter.
Plus, i'm all set now for long winter nights in the garage 8-)

Dan Norton
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dan Norton » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:24 pm

More done today......started painting clock / light bracket, and removed the calipers, pads, brake lines, master cyclinder, discs, and front wheel.

Hadies
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NSR125, NC30, Daytona 675

Post by Hadies » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:39 pm

That Konica rep was for sale on ebay a few months ago.
I like the light blue wheels too.
Good luck with the build :peace:

Dan Norton
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dan Norton » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Hadies wrote:That Konica rep was for sale on ebay a few months ago.
I like the light blue wheels too.
Good luck with the build :peace:
Was it?

I'm gonna give the light blue wheels a miss i think....not too keen on them.

Thanks, it gives me something to do. :grin:

Hadies
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NSR125, NC30, Daytona 675

Post by Hadies » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 am

Yeah it was on the bay. It's where I thought you got the pictures from! Can't remember how much it went for though.
Are you planning on powder coating parts like yokes/fork legs etc or is it going to be a diy spray job?

Dan Norton
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dan Norton » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:43 pm

DIY Spray job......im ok with a rattle can, but i wouldnt want to attempt a full fairing / tank respray. :down: