June 2022 - New registrations enabled and manually activated

This section contains all the FAQ's and our terms and conditions. Please take a few moments to read and get familiar with our policies.
You can report any issues or site based problems you have in this section too.
CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
June 2022 - New registrations enabled and manually activated

Post by CRM » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:32 pm

So guys, thanks for all the fish and that, but i think it's safe to say forums are pretty well dead in most cases sadly.
Time to put this to pasture i think, so from now . . .

1 - New User Registrations are now disabled.
2 - By the end of March 2022 i will make the forum read only, so no more posting of content will be possible.

I have no intention to switch it off, there is a wealth of quality information here all made possible by you guys, however playing whack a mole with bots frankly is becoming tedious and making it read only might give me some time back.

Thanks for all the support.

EDIT - June 2022, with new moderators helping out, new registrations are possible with a manual account activation so please be patient
Insert Signature Here

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893
Re: Feb 2022 - New registrations disabled and forum going read only

Post by MadMotoUK » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:33 pm

I'd be happy to keep it going, drop me a PM if you want me to take over running the show.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:31 pm

Crikey. I’m on another bike forum that hasn’t had any new content for weeks now and a few of us said we’d be up for funding it and a couple of the users said they’d take over the running of it but the owner of the site said he’d give it a reprieve as we did feel strongly about it (my reason for not posting on it is my bike was written off so i currently don’t have one of those models of bikes at present.)
If it’s the money side of it im sure we can all help, the forum is a nice friendly place without any hostilities towards others like other forums i use occasionally so could you possibly save it as a forum if that’s possible (I’m crap with technology but willing to learn)

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by cbr400rrn » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:03 pm

Is that it 88 views on the subject and only MadMotoUK and i have replied! Then we’re f@@ked

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:43 am

I think those that do pip the counter up are mainly bots, that's the thing.
Sure there are genuine accounts that visit and still contribute, but these days most traffic is advertising bots / spam bots.
There is some really useful and valid content here, it won't be vanishing any time soon i don't think.
Cheers all
Insert Signature Here

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:51 pm

I've only just spotted this. I appreciate there aren't many of us left on here but I still enjoy dropping in pretty regularly and leaving a post or two, sometimes even 3. It's going to be a real shame if that's taken away and as cbr400rrn says, it's a friendly forum without the aggro you get on some of the others. In fact it's one of only two forums that I bother with. I guess I hadn't considered the ongoing effort required to maintain this forum and to be honest I'm not sure I do even now. But I've enjoyed being part of it since 2013 and it'll be a sad day when the plug is pulled. Any chance of second thoughts CRM?

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:54 pm

Foxy400 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:51 pm
I've only just spotted this. I appreciate there aren't many of us left on here but I still enjoy dropping in pretty regularly and leaving a post or two, sometimes even 3. It's going to be a real shame if that's taken away and as cbr400rrn says, it's a friendly forum without the aggro you get on some of the others. In fact it's one of only two forums that I bother with. I guess I hadn't considered the ongoing effort required to maintain this forum and to be honest I'm not sure I do even now. But I've enjoyed being part of it since 2013 and it'll be a sad day when the plug is pulled. Any chance of second thoughts CRM?
Read what i said, i am not pulling the plug just stopping new registration / spambots and making it read only.
The content wont vanish
Insert Signature Here

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:12 pm

I understood what you said. If it's a pain in the arse to keep this forum afloat in it's current format then I can see why you've had enough. I didn't appreciate the effort required. I'm glad the content will be available to access, which is important, but not being able to chat to the few remaining likeminded souls out there will be a bit of a blow. Sort of an end of an era thing. A touch sentimental I know, but hey ho.

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893

Post by MadMotoUK » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:53 pm

My offer still stands bud. I'd be happy to keep it usable.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by cbr400rrn » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:36 pm

I’ve recently been reading posts from the old forum and it’s surprising how many people have moved on to i presume other bikes with bigger engines or left biking altogether. Names I remember from years ago but had forgotten. I enjoyed the old forum but when this one began 14 years ago, yes i visited it a few times a week then a month then didn’t bother for years as it’s nice to talk a problem out and as it’s read only there was nobody to talk it out with.

If there’s anything i/we can help with to make life a bit easier and give you some free time and less stress then please let us know.
I do understand there are arseholes out there spamming the world to get their kicks and it’s only going to get worse.