Electrical problem

This section contains all the FAQ's and our terms and conditions. Please take a few moments to read and get familiar with our policies.
You can report any issues or site based problems you have in this section too.
robertRVF
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF, NSR, NS400R, RZV500R, Mit
Electrical problem

Post by robertRVF » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:32 pm

I opened the clutch cover to check the pickups and found on my RVF only one pickup and it looks correct? Does the RVF only have one pickup? I can get the spark to work and have tested all components and they work but still no spark? any suggestions.

robertRVF
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Electrical problem

Post by robertRVF » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:00 pm

Solved all the electrical problems and now working on performance improvements. Hoping to re-jet and get carbs set up. What sort of HP is a reasonable figure for an RVF with airbox?

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:55 pm

What did you find with regard to having no spark?

Can't help with the potential hp figure though sorry

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:27 am

[quote=robertRVF post_id=392736 time=1630944054 user_id=13619]
Solved all the electrical problems and now working on performance improvements. Hoping to re-jet and get carbs set up. What sort of HP is a reasonable figure for an RVF with airbox?
[/quote]

They were supposed to be 53 out of the box - and as a standard bike, at sea level you might expect a bit more.

As you are up in the plains - you'll be looking at mid 50s

My experience tells me - keep the airbox and all flaps adn shizzle in there - a well fuelled bike that has no hesitations or flatspots is better than one that surges and gurgles to a peak.

Get in onto a Dyno -get a look at the ari/fuel graph and see what's what

robertRVF
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by robertRVF » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:19 pm

I am looking to find the HRC recommended jet size for teh carbs. #148 front and #152 rear. where can i buy them? does anyone know? Bike is running lean at top end and producing already about 68Hp on the rear wheel. Would like to get that a bit higher. If i can rejet i am sure i will improve a bit.

robertRVF
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by robertRVF » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:21 pm

BTW found the spark problem to be when the previous owner took the clutch off without the correct tool and jammed a spanner in between the clutch basket and starter clutch to get it lose. This dented a starter pick up point and caused the bike not to fire on the rear cylinders. New starter clutch and solved the problem.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:55 pm

[quote=robertRVF post_id=392740 time=1631013553 user_id=13619]
I am looking to find the HRC recommended jet size for teh carbs. #148 front and #152 rear. where can i buy them? does anyone know? Bike is running lean at top end and producing already about 68Hp on the rear wheel. Would like to get that a bit higher. If i can rejet i am sure i will improve a bit.
[/quote]

You can get them from most shops - Kehin jets.. They aren't specific to the NC35

Have you gone the whole hog then with no airbox and a ram air solution? Loads of us on here have been into trying to get the power - the search function might help you a bit too.

for some more inspiration - have you read the mngforce website for added ways to rinse money?

http://mngforce.typepad.com/