Programmable Ignition Modules

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
templin
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: list to long
Programmable Ignition Modules

Post by templin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:36 am

Hi chaps
now over the years things have started getting better for the concerning Grey Bike owner and the advent of aftermarket ignition modules is a plus BUT due exchange rates it can be fooking expensive for some of us, after spending few years searching and researching, data is now available to home build reliable modules, can can be so universal they can be near used on almost any 4cyl bike

But the problem now comes down to one thing, the trigger wheel pattern for each model bike must be calculated and S19 files for the processors written up to match,

I was wondering if any one has experience with the programmable units or software data for them to please shout out maby do a sticky? im over next couple of weeks or so would like to finalise the write-up of info ive gathered to upload a DIY doc on how to build a replacement ignition module along with the program file for the processor so we all can have ready aid, as the components themselfs are quite cheap so building the unit is you have steady hand and understanding of electronics will be easy as for the processor programming thats easy just ask the local electronic supply store to point you towards someone thats into it, in most cases the store staff are themselfs avid hobbist and with info supplied they could easily flash the chip for you and you could finalise hook up and have your bike running again

so who wants to help? bighug

SevenThreeSeven
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Programmable Ignition Modules

Post by SevenThreeSeven » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:20 am

I have some experience with this sort of thing. I've used a Microsquirt implement both fuel injection and ignition control on my '93 Bandit 400.

Nobbsie
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Nobbsie » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:29 am

I'm not sure how I can help but this excites me to the MAX!!!!
Super looking forward to seeing it progress!!!
:rocks:

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:22 am

May be worth a post in the general section.
There have been a few people on here working with aftermarket electrics, most because they are going fi but the firing side is going to be similar.

PARIUS was building a CBR, not sure if he's been on recently but very interesting read and Michael has been converting his RVF that I believe is now running.

From the builds ive read people seem to get to the running stage and then have problems nailing the final set up, think this is with fueling though so should be simpler with a standard carb set up.

Good luck im very interested to see your project.

Nobbsie
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Nobbsie » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:50 am

Hello how is it going?
Any news?

SevenThreeSeven
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by SevenThreeSeven » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:19 pm

There's a guy named Patrik who's just beginning a project to install sequential fuel injection and full ignition control on a Honda NC30.

As far as I know he's not posting a running log of the project on any website (such as this one), but he has his own private web address where he posts project updates. Occasionally he shows up on the MegaSqurirt forum, that's where I found him. He seems to have plenty of knowledge and skill so it should be fun and informative to follow the progress of his work.

Here's his website: http://blog.familjenjonsson.org/blog/ca ... otorcycle/