GK76 oil pathways diagram needed

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
4StringBass
Settled in member
Reactions:
GK76 oil pathways diagram needed

Post by 4StringBass » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:29 am

Hello!

Does anyone have a diagram that shows the pathways the oil is pumped round in a GK76, espcially the feeds for the clutch.

When I bought the bike it had a new clutch fitted 6 months previous. The plates were all stuck together and they needed split with a screwdriver to get them out. The friction material was nearly completely dry.

Clutch pack has been replaced, having soaked the friction plates in oil for 24 hours first.

I am wondering if the oil is not getting pumped onto the clutch pack, hence the request for the diagram.

Cheers! 8-)

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3
Re: GK76 oil pathways diagram needed

Post by moforockband » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:52 pm

Having trouble uploading pics, so I'll have to describe it.
The oil is pumped from the main gallery through an oil metering jet, then the countershaft bearing, before getting to the clutch plates.

The main problem I think is that there is a problem with the oil jet. I've stripped a few of these motors and found that any of these jets easily block, if oil changes have been neglected during the bikes life. The favourite ones, are the jets that spray the cylinder walls, which end up taking out the wrist pins and piston rings, cylinders.
You can try engine flush (prob won't work), reverse flushing the gallery with high pressure solvent(may work), or stripping the cases and rebuilding (definitely will work).

4StringBass
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: GK76 oil pathways diagram needed

Post by 4StringBass » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:15 pm

Thanks for the reply, I've sent you a PM :)