Rear spring rate

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
mechannibalism
Settled in member
Reactions:
Rear spring rate

Post by mechannibalism » Sun May 12, 2019 1:17 am

Hi guys I 'm putting a Panigale shock on my GK71F and need to know the spring rate for it (GK71F) or the later models. I weight 130 Lbs. It will fit with out too much trouble I just have to screw in a clevis to replace the ball joint and add a spacer under the piston.....I'll post pics when I got it all done.
Rob

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3
Re: Rear spring rate

Post by moforockband » Sun May 12, 2019 2:19 pm

No idea, but the Panigale with have loads more spring rate to keep the bike flat with all that power. Measure the sag you have now with the Suzuki shock, then fit the Panigale one with minimum preload and measure the sag. You'll be able to get a spring to suit aftermarket if there's hardly any sag.

mechannibalism
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Rear spring rate

Post by mechannibalism » Tue May 14, 2019 3:35 am

Thanks for the suggestions Moforockband but the bike is being ripped apart now. I will check sag when I'm done. I took both springs off the shocks and made a home made measuring "device"- a arbor press, medical weight scale, and a 3" dial indicator. and this is what I got-- Duc spring 220 Lb./in. --Suz. spring 162 Lb./in. so Ill just go from there and see what Demon Tweeks has to offer.

VicMAB
Settled in member
Reactions:
Rear spring rate

Post by VicMAB » Tue May 21, 2019 2:17 am

oh, that kind of rear spring, I thought you were talking about leaf springs in the shout box.