Lets talk rebuilding aisan carbs.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
kit352
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: gk71f
Lets talk rebuilding aisan carbs.

Post by kit352 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Starting in september i will be taking my gk71f off the road and fixing some niggling little issues that i have. My main goals will be rebuilding the carbs and adjusting the valves. Im sure i will find other horrors while im in there but i will deal with those when they arise.

In regards to the carbs i know of a few issues with them as they sit on the bike-
I believe they aren't synced well.
The left side cylinders are running crazy rich.
Every once in a while the left bank will dump fuel out the overflow. Im pretty sure its just a needle issue which brings up the question of where i can get one?
The bowls weeped a little fuel at the seem when i got it but tightening the various mismatched screws sorted that. I will be ordering a gasket kit from thailand but i am unsure about the need for orings on the needles. Some places say yes while others say no. I have no idea if i have any on it now but i will most likely duplicate whatever i find unless i read something to the contrary.
My rubber boots to the airbox are ruined. They will likely never be able to seal to the airbox. Replacements are unicorns so im left with having to try and fit pods. Any tips or suggestions? Its going to be trial and error due to the oval throat of the carbs.
Lastly my choke only works for about 10 seconds in the morning then the bike stalls out. Im hoping this is just a by product of poorly tuned carbs.

If i need new needles or parts for that matter where can i source them from?
Are there any areas that are known trouble spots on the carbs?

mike151
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Lets talk rebuilding aisan carbs.

Post by mike151 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Check out gsx550 carbs, saw a set at stafford last year & took measurements & seamed to be identicle but mikunis. May have same carb to airbox rubbers

mike151
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by mike151 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:34 pm

I meaaured my o rings with a vernier & got new viton ones from somewhere in lancs. When i get back in england i ll check the sizes. Sept.

Maelstrom
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: MC22, 3TJ1

Post by Maelstrom » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:13 am

I sell these http://litetek.co/Carb_Kit_Suzuki_GSXR400_GK71.html
I have not been able to find the sizes for the main jet o-rings.
I can size them if I can get the dimensions of
1/ the ID of the groove
2/ the height of the groove
3/ the ID of the bore the o-ring fits into
Carb seal kits in viton & other parts
https://litetek.co