GK73a Parts Compatability

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
kailoren
Settled in member
Reactions:
GK73a Parts Compatability

Post by kailoren » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:27 am

Hi everyone, i'm in the process of rebuilding a damaged GK73a and it pretty much goes without saying that trying to get a hold of decent parts without having to buy an entire 2nd bike is pretty much impossible.

So i wanted to ask you all if you know of any other suzuki's (im thinking along the lines of bandit/fzr perhaps) which have parts that will fit the GK73a with little or no modification. Mostly things like forks, rear shock mounts, footrests, bars, carbs etc

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: GK73a Parts Compatability

Post by Variablevalves suck » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:18 am

Ive a lot of stuff.

If you decide what you are looking for and PM me a list i will have a dig.
deffo got a mint set of forks.

Chris.

kailoren
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by kailoren » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:21 pm

I definitely need a set of forks as the ones that are on it are all pitted and seals are shot. I've been reading that you can put an old 750 oil cooled Slingshot engine in them, and im thinking of using either one of them or a 600 SRAD engine instead of the 400 engine so if anyone has had any experience with putting some bigger engines in the 400 frames any advice would be great!

Are your forks the original or are they from another bike? I know they are quite short and was debating using 600 forks on it instead to go with the larger motor im planning on putting in

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Variablevalves suck » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:19 am

Standard forks.

Might be wrong but don't think the bigger engine fits the 73, ive seen them fitted to the 76 with its cradle frame but not the 73.
Seen a srad fitted to the bandit and it had serious frame re work and the bandit and 73 share casings.

N88GUM
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by N88GUM » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:37 am

Is there a list of front fork swaps for the GK73a

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Variablevalves suck » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 pm

They are 41mm so there are options but if any would drop straight in without work is debatable.
Jap bandit400, katana 400 or other Suzuki grey 4’s will fit but are probably slightly longer, they share wheels and callipers so only the length will differ.