Quantity of oil in a fork?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
neurosyndrome
Settled in member
Reactions:
Quantity of oil in a fork?

Post by neurosyndrome » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi everybody :grin:

I've just renovated my "new" fork on my 400 GSF. In fact, this is a fork that has been imported from abroad.
The problem is that I leave in France and the fork which is currently on my motorbike is not the same as yours (sorry but I'm not gonna explain :oops:, it's too late :cry:)... When I mean "yours", it means front wheels with 2 discs (in France 400 GSF have been imported with 1 disc on the front wheel. Thus the fork aren't the same). I think I finally explained :whistle: :up:

Thus I know the quantity of oil to put in my "french" fork :smile: (about 495 mL), but I don't know the quantity to put in an "english" fork??

Is someone able to answer my question, please? :whistle:

Thanks a lot :peace:
see you

EDIT : is someone knows where I can find on the internet (link :?:), the 400 GSF's manual review in english (I've got it in French ;) )

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n
Re: Quantity of oil in a fork?

Post by Speedy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:28 am

Hi, I believe the Japanese imports (twin disc versions) take the same quantity of oil as the others, approximately 495ml; the north American bikes (which have a single disc at front) apparently take 494ml!

I have both english service & parts (microfiche) manuals in .pdf; they're quite large, so I'm not sure how I can make it available for you. :?: Sorry I can't remember where I got them from on the net! :(
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

neurosyndrome
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Quantity of oil in a fork?

Post by neurosyndrome » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Speedy wrote:Hi, I believe the Japanese imports (twin disc versions) take the same quantity of oil as the others, approximately 495ml; the north American bikes (which have a single disc at front) apparently take 494ml!

I have both english service & parts (microfiche) manuals in .pdf; they're quite large, so I'm not sure how I can make it available for you. :?: Sorry I can't remember where I got them from on the net! :(

Thank you Speedy ;)

Don't worry for the manuals, I'm gonna look for it :smile:
see you on the road (maybe :grin:)