GK75A carb rebuild kit advice

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Riderz13
Settled in member
Reactions:
GK75A carb rebuild kit advice

Post by Riderz13 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Evening everyone!

does anyone have any experience with the following eBay carb rebuild kit or similar;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153569814217

I've been reading that the Mikuni carbs can throw up problems if the parts slightly out.

help is much appreciated

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3
Re: GK75A carb rebuild kit advice

Post by moforockband » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:21 pm

That kit may be alright, but make sure if you do buy it, do it in 4 purchases otherwise you'll get stung by vat etc. £15 outside EU limit. It's missing the slide o ring??
The bandit carbs are a little more reliable than the gsxr400 76a ones, but check whether yours are 32 or 33mm. Most of the bits in that kit should be ok. The needles might be different.
I'll need some needle jets soon, give me a shout if you want to sell your old ones.
I rebuilt mine with genuine Suzuki bits, but aftermarket o rings, worked out OK.

Riderz13
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Riderz13 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:00 pm

where is the slide o ring located? cant see it on the diagram in the manual.
do you know what the correct size is for them?
I will give these ones a try when I get around to rebuilding my carbs, any tips or hints?
whats the best way to clean and unblock all the channels if I don't have access to an ultrasonic cleaning equipment

PS, more than welcome to the old ones once they are out

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3

Post by moforockband » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:00 am

Sorry for late reply, the slide holder o ring is evident once you remove the needle jet and slide holder. I don't know the size. Maybe clean yours and regrease it with rubber friendly grease if it's not worn/gone hard/shrunk.
If they're in a right state, get them cleaned professionally. I cleaned mine with a couple of hours, a dremel with a polishing mop and comp air/brake cleaner, but mine were clean ish.
Remember the little rubber plugs on the idle jets if your carb came with them.