rebuild engine gk76a

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
jamie k
Settled in member
Reactions:
rebuild engine gk76a

Post by jamie k » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:17 am

hi guys bought the 400 a few weeks ago didnt really realise it was going to be such a headache to get parts or and engine for that model worst thing is folk want the same money as you can almost buy a 1200 motor for

important parts im looking for is one cylinder liner ( if you have the block of 4 with one or two damaged i would be interested in buying it

also need a full bottom end including crank pistons and rods , i dont need the gear box/ clutch side casings/ electrics etc just the bottom two cases crank rods and pistons etc so again if you have anything like that lying about msg me , i would also be interested in purchasing full engines or crashed bikes (gk76a )

also could i use my head and mod a gk73 bottom end on and if so would its liner fit my block ?

i dont really want to start changing carbs and maybe exhaust ? if using a full bandit /gsf/gk73 motor

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: rebuild engine gk76a

Post by Variablevalves suck » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:58 pm

You cannot use the the bandit gk73 casings as they mount from the head and rear to the frame.
Also you cannot use the crank from B4 gk73 as they have a helical cut primary drive, 76a has straight cut.