for info only

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
minkathecat
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: honda 600rr / z200/honda horne
for info only

Post by minkathecat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM12ZYh ... e=youtu.be

some of it may be of use to people hard starting problems and a lot of messing gone on by other people before bought as part runner. checked coils again after this and low and behold sec circuit 3.5 hold unit on and down and down it drops well thats coil 2 to fire 2 and 3 cylinders on our web site diagram going going gone sparked ok and checked out before but must have been going on its way out.
if only electricians would keep their noses out of mechanical equipment lol

minkathecat
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: honda 600rr / z200/honda horne
Re: for info only

Post by minkathecat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:18 pm

bike now running needs carbs set up looking at not reving out but we have now a starter :lol:
im a happy bunny though!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3

Post by moforockband » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:18 pm

I replied on your youtube listing. Did you sort your low compression. My bike won't rev out on pod filters either, because it goes massively rich after 12000 rpm (peak torque).
I have been told the way to fix this is either drill your main air jets out (lh ones in bst33 carbs, your 76 may be different) until it is about right, then replace with new shiny ones.
Once you increase the air massively by removing the airbox, the signal at the carbs is increased and literally rips tons of fuel out of the main jet at top revs.

SevenThreeSeven
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by SevenThreeSeven » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Good to hear that you have the bike running now. As a result, this post may strike you as being "beside the point" or otherwise not important or applicable, but here I go anyway...

On your YouTube video you say that "you can't look at the other side", referring to the left hand side of the bike that has the trigger wheel on it.

I was in the same situation as you, I really needed to be able to put a timing light on the trigger wheel while the engine was running. I was setting up the ignition control on my Fuel Injection Bandit 400 project.

Here's my solution, it spits just a bit of engine oil when running but you get the ability to use the timing light (4 pictures and a 1 minute video):

http://vid679.photobucket.com/albums/vv ... wxyj38.mp4