Whats a mint GK76 worth?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
vic6169
Settled in member
Reactions:
Whats a mint GK76 worth?

Post by vic6169 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:35 am

I have just finished restoring a mint blue/white GK76. Everything has been done and 100% original.
The bike is as near to concourse/showroom as possible.
I have decided to let her go as i have three other bikes of which i am concentrating on a two stroke project.
The question is what do you guys think it is worth?
Its a 1990 GSXR400R in the RGV blue/white M colours.
Mint near concourse condition. Everything new. Wheel bearings, swinging arm & suspension needle roller bearings, sterring head bearings, Fork seals and oil, every bracket powder coated. All orignal bolts used. Even standard genuine indicators etc. New cables. New screen, Carbs stripped, ultrasonically cleaned and balanced perfectly. Runs a dream.
Not much history. Couple of MOT's and two genuine japanese full servcie manauls.
Whats your £ thoughs??
Cheers
Vic

donk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Gk76a x2
Re: Whats a mint GK76 worth?

Post by donk » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:35 pm

It's always a hard call they don't seem to fetch as much as other 400's. Could do with a few more pics really but if it's as good as you say it is I think you might get £1800-£2000 max.

richgilb
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by richgilb » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:21 pm

Looks nice. Did you replace the o rings and seals when you took the carbs out? Did you keep receipts of all the parts you bought?

I had one fifteen years ago and it was a nightmare. Seemed to waft along at half power although it did rev out. Eventually! I always vowed I would never get another. But the prices seem to be half that of the Hondas at the moment, which makes them tempting if you know the carbs have had more than just a balance and clean.

vic6169
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by vic6169 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi
I fully stripped the carbs abd also had a spare second set.
The bike did run fine before so I inspected every o ring and all looked good. The carbs were ultrasonically cleaned and set up and put back together.
She starts and runs a dream.
I then balanced the carbs and now she purrs!

She is also up for sale now as I have another project I am doing. Not sure if i'm allowed to mention she is on an auction site?
Cheers
Vic