Newbie gsxr400 question...

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
philram
Settled in member
Reactions:
Newbie gsxr400 question...

Post by philram » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:28 pm

hi, i've just got hold of a gsxr400 the same as the photo below (but with black wheels), it came with a matching helmet aswell. the previous owner said the helmet came with it when it was new, is that right.? does anyone have any info on whether it came from the factory this colour, as all the original sales stuff i've seen on the net doesnt show it.. any info would be great... :)

TeamGSXR
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Newbie gsxr400 question...

Post by TeamGSXR » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:06 pm

I don't know mate but they look nice :lol:

Unlikely I'd have thought a helmet came with it with them being imports... Probably a later Alstare Corona jobbie. Checked the date of the lid?

I do think it was a factory colour scheme.

mattley87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mattley87 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:29 pm

No, it was never a manufactured colour, probably done by dream machine when it was imported.
In a random moment, i happened upon the guy that imported most of the 400 greys into this country and asked him that very question. There's a code etched into the back of the panels and that will tell you exactly who painted it and when-if you know what the code means. To any normal person, it's just numbers.
As for the helmet, i had one a while back but can't for the life of me think who it was by.

philram
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by philram » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:58 am

cheers for the replies guys.. :) i'll have a look for the codes. as for the helmet, its a lazer that i now think was probably sold with the bike when it was painted.