ZXR400H with cooling probs!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
zimm
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: some ZXR400's, ty175, mz ts125
Re: ZXR400H with cooling probs!

Post by zimm » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:04 pm

rotten exhaust is fairly normal for zxr's .. stainless copies of the stock pipes can be got off ebay (or get a stainless race pipe)

and carb balance is a 20 minute job.

sounds like your garage are either crap, or trying to save you money as they know their labour bill will exceed the bike's worth.

although, its hardly more than 30 min labour to pull the thrmostat, check it and refit it if thats whats leaking ..

how tidy is it otherwise ?

got any pics ?

what did you pay for it ?

vodkalex
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: ZXR400H with cooling probs!

Post by vodkalex » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Yeah i was lookin at those on ebay, will get some of those i think (when i get the cash!)
Yeah they told me the carb balance was a 2 hour job!! so is said leave it, also they said that to check the thermostat is a days job as well! :shock: havin a laugh!
Its not in too bad condition, will send you some pics panels are a bit scratched but apart from that its quite good, needs a good cleaning though.
The garage said that to check whats leaking they were gonna have to take a couple of days, trying to rip me off i think.
Paid £550 for it, but the lad i bought it off was a bit of a liar.
But i'm willing to put some time in and effort.