Bikesure Insurance

New members may care to make their first post here to introduce themselves. show us your bike, where you live etc etc. its also polite to get the drinks in too.
Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Bikesure Insurance

Post by Bikesure » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:31 am

CRM wrote:Phil, pencil sharpened mid jan. multibike policy(s), looking for something as flexible as my rider policy i have with CN, not really bike specific, but seems more based on bike value / policy value / risk and i can add as many as i like (admin fee, and policy value top up fee accordingly)
PM coming over
Received and responded to!

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:55 am

squirrel_hunter wrote:
Bikesure wrote:
squirrel_hunter wrote:Just seen this...

Firstly let me say I am far from a fan of Insurance companies. So as representative of the industry can I begin by asking the following question:

I have been riding bikes for some time and have 12 years of NCB to my name. I have only been driving a car for 2 years and have 2 years NCB on my car policy. Why if I have an accident on my bike will it count against me on my car insurance and likewise if I have an accident in my car will it count against my bike insurance?
It is down to the individual insurance company (not broker) as to how they interpret and rate your driving record.
So do I infer correctly that Bikesure is not an insurance company but is a Broker?

If correct my understanding is you then have a "Panel" of insurance companies to go to. Would the insurance companies you use take into account an accident (fault, non-fault, or otherwise) in a car when insuring a bike?
Bikesure is a broker. I have just spoken with an Underwriter and although all the insurance companies that we deal with would need to be advices of claims in a car, there will not necessarily be a financial consequence or loading. A low value car claim (for example £500) may not be loaded for even if it was the policyholder’s fault.

When it comes to premiums I would not be overly concerned with whether an insurance company loads or not for a car claim, as that may not influence the overall competitiveness. It may be that an insurance company that loads for a car claim can still offer the more competitive and suitable policy.

Similarly, some people are obsessed with their no claims bonus, the number of years and the percentage. This is usually quite irrelevant if the company offering the highest discount and scale have the highest base rates and are still not competitive or suitable.

squirrel_hunter
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by squirrel_hunter » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:22 am

Bikesure wrote:
squirrel_hunter wrote:So do I infer correctly that Bikesure is not an insurance company but is a Broker?

If correct my understanding is you then have a "Panel" of insurance companies to go to. Would the insurance companies you use take into account an accident (fault, non-fault, or otherwise) in a car when insuring a bike?
Bikesure is a broker. I have just spoken with an Underwriter and although all the insurance companies that we deal with would need to be advices of claims in a car, there will not necessarily be a financial consequence or loading. A low value car claim (for example £500) may not be loaded for even if it was the policyholder’s fault.

When it comes to premiums I would not be overly concerned with whether an insurance company loads or not for a car claim, as that may not influence the overall competitiveness. It may be that an insurance company that loads for a car claim can still offer the more competitive and suitable policy.

Similarly, some people are obsessed with their no claims bonus, the number of years and the percentage. This is usually quite irrelevant if the company offering the highest discount and scale have the highest base rates and are still not competitive or suitable.
But if there may not be a financial consequence for a car claim on a bike policy, why is it asked about? Even so I still do not understand why what happens in a car fault or not should affect my bike policy?

I would still be concerned that an insurance company would increase my bike premium based on anything that happens in a car. Taking your example of the most competitive policy offered still loading based on car history; it still loads. It is then more expensive, and I cannot see the justification for this.

As for the "obsession" with no claims, this obsession is built by the insurance industry. It appears this is the only way to reduce the cost of insurance to the average customer. Again if no claims is "irrelevant" was is it asked for and why does the holding of no claims or lack of it affect the price of a policy so much?

amypearson
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:

Post by amypearson » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:05 pm

I pay about $360/ year for comprehensive with a $100 deductable and minimum coverage otherwise. I just ran a quote and it would be $893/year with the same comprhensive deductable and a $500 collision deductable. I have a perfect driving record.

P.S. i troll forums
Last edited by amypearson on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:29 pm

not really applicable to anyone outside the UK though so go troll along elswhere - PS i removed your link :roll:
Insert Signature Here

kinc
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Daytona 675, NC35

Post by kinc » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:38 pm

CRM wrote:good for you pal. Used them myself and found them nothing but superb, prices and service.
one thing i will say, you wont see MCE or Bennetts getting any space here
Any reason MCE is a bad choice ???
Cheapest quote from all others with everything included, RVF + Daytona £306 with 4 years ncd, I have to cancel Be Wiser insurance which runs out in May (£35 fee!), they cannot put the RVF on to my policy, the guy offered to insure RVF for £198 then insure the Daytona in May, he was trying to convince me this would be a multi bike policy. :roll:
Bikesure was £340.
Nick.

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:49 am

kinc wrote:
CRM wrote:good for you pal. Used them myself and found them nothing but superb, prices and service.
one thing i will say, you wont see MCE or Bennetts getting any space here
Any reason MCE is a bad choice ???
Cheapest quote from all others with everything included, RVF + Daytona £306 with 4 years ncd, I have to cancel Be Wiser insurance which runs out in May (£35 fee!), they cannot put the RVF on to my policy, the guy offered to insure RVF for £198 then insure the Daytona in May, he was trying to convince me this would be a multi bike policy. :roll:
Bikesure was £340.
Nick.
Nick,

If you would like me to get an Underwriter to look into your quotation again, feel free to PM me your reference number (or name and postcode) along with a contact number.

Cheers,

Phil

4hundread
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 91 GSXR 400

Post by 4hundread » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm

J
Last edited by 4hundread on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 am

4hundread wrote:Just moved from MCE to Bikesure today, to be honest I phoned them first after getting my renewal through and the price was slightly under what I was prepared to pay so just sorted it. Never had a problem with MCE last year, just they wanted over £300 fully comp this year, a phone call didn't bring it down. Can't be arsed phoning/looking all over the place, I just get too hacked off being on hold.
If you need anything along the way, just PM me and I'll have someone call you back.

Saves on your phone bill!

Take care,

Phil

thunderace
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: R6, YZF600R

Post by thunderace » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:58 am

Why is it whenever I try to get a multi-bike quote online, even though it's advertised, I can't actually put more than one bike into a policy quote? It's not just Bikesure, it's every bloody broker! Apart from that, even when phoning up none of them can find my GPZ :roll: (except Footman James).

I want two bikes on one policy. Both are eligible for classic status (88 GPX750R & 89 grey JDM GPZ400S). Both have a relatively low value (around £1500 the pair, maybe £2000 at a push once I've fully restored them). Neither will have large mileage put on them (less than 10k combined). Bikes are garaged in a brick built garage, neither have alarms or immobilisers. The garage is alarmed though and not easily accessible without me knowing about it.

I'm 31, not declaring any NCB because it's in use already, been riding with a full licence since Jan 2000, no accidents/convictions apart from 3pts I'm currently arguing with DVLA (they "forgot" to put my Class 2 back onto my new photocard and I got pulled for towing a car trailer, they expire in 12 months anyway).

I can insure them separately with Swinton. £70 for the GPZ and £88 for the GPX on normal day to day policies, F/C with £0 vol. excess and £250 comp excess, 90 days EU cover. Lid & Leathers is an additional £18 if I want it. Can Bikesure do anything on a combined policy?
Conventional wisdom says to know your limits. To know your limits you need to find them first. Finding your limits generally involves getting in over your head and hoping you live long enough to benefit from the experience. That's the fun part.