Newbie West of Scotland

New members may care to make their first post here to introduce themselves. show us your bike, where you live etc etc. its also polite to get the drinks in too.
Chris82
Settled in member
Reactions:
Newbie West of Scotland

Post by Chris82 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi All,

Newbie here from west of Scotland. Have just bought a Honda VFR nc30 which has been off the road for a while. Previous owner has just got it through its MOT but the bike is a bit rough and in need of some TLC. The plan is to try and restore it but wait and see.

Great website :grin:

Chris

Coral8
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Newbie West of Scotland

Post by Coral8 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:41 am

Hiya Chris. She's a looker! I've an N31 that's in a similar condition ie. MOT and running well but she needs some tlc . Hey at least we've something to keep us occupied when the weather's not fit to ride. Keep us up to date!

Chris82
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Newbie West of Scotland

Post by Chris82 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi Coral,

The VFR dose certainly look the part! I recently done an oil and filter service and found the lower radiator damaged. So I am just waiting on a new one from China. I have also bought some new NGK spark plugs so I will do that at the same time.

The bike didn't have any service history so I need to assume these parts need replaced. Its probably better off replacing them for my own piece of mind.

Have you got any plans for your N31?

Cheers

Chris