New fork spring: which brand to use?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
tailongwan
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSF ZXR RVF FZR GSXR
New fork spring: which brand to use?

Post by tailongwan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Hi all,

I need to change fork spring on my FZR400RR '92, since there are different length and one of them is just 341mm (limit of service). The other one is 344mm...

I wonder which one I could buy, knowing that I am *not* doing track or race, just to replace with good after market parts: YSS? Wilbers? Hagon? Wirth? others?

I am not looking for progressive in particular, except if you think that it could be really better!

Many thanks for your recommendations,

Cyrille

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: New fork spring: which brand to use?

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:57 am

In my experience as long as you buy a reputable brand - adn those listed are good in my view - then you cannot go too far wrong.

Linear fork springs are my personal preference too - but again, depends on your own feeling and type of riding.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893

Post by MadMotoUK » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:23 pm

Personally, as I have a trade account with them, I use Hagon. I've never had any complaints.

tailongwan
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSF ZXR RVF FZR GSXR

Post by tailongwan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:38 pm

Thanks for your answers.
I used to buy rear shock for GSF400 Bandit to Hagon UK few years ago, but now the website seems closed and I see that Wilbers maybe bought the company?
I will probably buy directly to Wilbers https://www.wilbers.de/shop/Motorrad/Ya ... ?year=1992
This is progressive but standard (without Zero Friction option)

BTW I also intend to build a special tool with 20mm threaded steel rod with 4 nuts to remove damper rod from the fork. I will try and show you some pictures of it. I just received the parts and will try somewhere by the end of the week.